*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764487-Cool--sunny
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#764487 added October 31, 2012 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Cool & sunny...
I think I am finally over the cold from hell although I still have to grab a Kleenex every now and then. The Cool Kleenex have been a nose saver!

I did manage to do my stint at the Friends of the Library Book Sale on Saturday, a very interesting experience. I go to the sales every time they have one but barely notice what the volunteers do. I was a caller which means I called out the prices of the customers' books (represented by different colored stickers) to the volunteer with the adding machine, the old tape kind. I had to unload their books from whatever they hauled them up to the counter in and then help them repack after they paid. Monday I was certain I was recatching my cold again after handling all those books, sneezing and congested, but today it seems to be gone *Smile*.

I hope all of you who were in the path of Sandy are okay. My daughter (near Dover, De) was very worried and so was I. She stocked up on canned goods and all the other things we are told to get when a hurricane is coming, but she was lucky enough not to lose power. We texted constantly Monday and Monday night. Her kitty, Ollie, was hyper the whole time. I haven't been to Atlantic City for a long time (the Steel Pier and the Diving Horse were there the last time I was LOL). The pics on TV of the sand covering the boardwalk and the other damage to almost an institution in my mind were sad. My heart goes out to everyone in NJ and elsewhere who have suffered losses.

The temps down here in Florida have dipped to the upper thirties for the past two nights, but today we are supposed to reach the low seventies again. It sorta feels nice. I've been watching the newscasters in WVA and even saw one in Beckley, where Jim was from. The snow looks beautiful on TV, but I wouldn't want to be there. It sounds like everyone is taking global warming more seriously now. I guess all these terrible storms and wildfires seem commonplace to the younger generations, but it looks like maybe Al was right all along. Hundred year storms two years in a row is strange.

till next time...c

© Copyright 2012 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764487-Cool--sunny