*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774309-You-know-those-little-luscious-red-things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#774309 added February 9, 2013 at 12:31pm
Restrictions: None
You know, those little luscious red things...
It is strawberry season here in Florida, early this year because of the warm weather I guess. There is nothing like a strawberry picked in the field, warmed by the sun, and popped into your mouth.That is not to say I am going out to pick any. I used to, but getting down to strawberry level is slightly painful nowadays for me. I am satisfied with scanning the produce department at my grocery or traveling a short distance to a roadside stand. At the moment berries are coming from Plant City several miles south of here, but soon I will be able to buy them at our local Farmers' Market.

It used to be that my favorite way to fix berries was shortcake or on vanilla ice cream, but now I would have to say it is strawberry bruschetta. Just a toasted slice of French (or sourdough) bread spread with a little goat cheese or cream cheese, topped with sweetened sliced berries and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar...yum. Could be breakfast, could be dessert, could be a snack. Could be right now....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774309-You-know-those-little-luscious-red-things