*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774737-Just-getting-around-to-Sunday-doings
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#774737 added December 30, 2013 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
Just getting around to Sunday doings...
The Writers' Group meeting on Sunday was interesting. Dot Hutchison, a twenty-eight year old new author, took us through the steps from first draft, to manuscript, to querying, to signing with an agent, then a publisher, editing (even the title), jacket design, and now she has her galley in hand and is waiting for publishing in the fall. And did I mention she is only twenty-eight?

Her book is YA and involves a new look at Hamlet's Ophelia. Her original title was Elsinore Drowning, but it will be released as A Wounded Name through Carolrhoda Books (Lerner Publishing Group, Inc.). Someone asked how much her advance was, but she said her contract did not allow her to say. Rats! It sounds like a good book, though. She read the first page to us and has a good hook. You can read more about it here, http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13576618-a-wounded-name.

I work everyday on my memoir assignment. It is becoming an enjoyable habit. There are several things in the first three chapters to do to jog memory. I've been digging out cards, letters, yearbooks, photos, mementos, (whew!) and also found some sites for this year (whatever year you want) in history. Wow, did that jog some memories. I am beginning to see this is going to take a long, long time and many, many hours.

Oh, and I finally took the plunge and mailed in my Writers' Group dues today *Smile*.

Until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774737-Just-getting-around-to-Sunday-doings