*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776338-Yes-in-like-a-lion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#776338 added March 1, 2013 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
Yes, in like a lion...
It looks like March is going to be our February this year. Last night our local weatherman forecast snow flurries for Saturday night-Sunday morning. What? In Florida? And I just had my mower going yesterday. The next few days are going to be cold. It's that darn groundhog!

I visited a local book shop last Sunday I didn't know existed, and it's just around the corner from me. One of my memoir classmates emailed our instructor about it, and she passed it on to all of us. It is actually a used book store and cheap, cheap. I bought two biographies in excellent condition for two dollars...Marlo Thomas' The Right Words at the Right Time (a hardback) and Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. I haven't started either yet, and perhaps I will find out why they were so cheap and hardly used. The store was shabby and disorganized and obviously they do no advertising, but the books and prices helped make up for it. I shall return. Even though I have a Kindle, there is nothing like holding a 'real' book. It was a little sad though to see books so mishandled and disarranged. I had this awful urge to start straightening them up. I overheard the customer in front of me at the register (actually just a woman sitting at an old desk with a hand calculator) say she was not getting emails on their sales. The calculator person responded by saying her daughter-in-law was supposed to be doing that...must be a small family business. I'm thinking, 'you have sales, too?'

Now I'm remembering some good advice from Hemingway I read somewhere. "Use short sentences. Use short paragraphs. Use vigorous English. Be positive." I think I failed on all counts...oh well...

till next time....c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776338-Yes-in-like-a-lion