*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776411-A-tale-of-two-bookstores
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#776411 added March 2, 2013 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
A tale of two bookstores....
I roamed around another bookstore yesterday afternoon, one I frequent. I don't mean to put down the other store, but I hate to see books in such a haphazard mess. Even though much nicer, there is a section at my normal store where you can bring a used book and exchange it for another for $1.98. What I'm saying is that price is no excuse for the messiness of the discounted store. I do not see good things for it in the future, and it makes me sad that with just a little elbow grease and imagination, it could be just as wonderful a store.

I like my 'normal' store because in addition to books (new and used), they sell unusual gifts (like soap rocks and feminine looking gardening tools) plus incense and a little jewelry. They have a small area with tables for sitting and reading. Once a month they usually have a visiting author, and they have a special section for books by local authors. They have about the same amount of space as the other bookstore. They have just made much better use of it, and it is an enjoyable place to go. As you enter there is a pretty fountain, a lovely display area changed often, and sale books outside on wheeled bookshelves. What a difference between two local owners!

enough ranting...

till next time....c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776411-A-tale-of-two-bookstores