*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781016-Free-Day-The-First-Day-of-Ridvan
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#781016 added April 21, 2013 at 2:50am
Restrictions: None
Free Day: The First Day of Ridvan
The April 21, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
FREE DAY - Today's a free day with no prompt, so blog on whatever your heart desires and have an awesome day!

It's after 10:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on Saturday, April 20, I returned home about 9:45 or 9:50 PM and I'm too excited to sleep. I'm excited because it's the First Day of Ridvan, one of the holiest times of year for Baha'is. The Festival of Ridvan last twelve days from sunset on April 20 to sunset on May 2; the Baha'i day is a solar day, so it begins at sunset on one day and ends at sunset on the next.

This evening (April 20) I went to the Baha'i Center to participate in my sacred duty to help elect the Local Spiritual Assembly of Las Vegas. Since I left about 9:10 or 9:15 PM, I'm not sure who was elected; I'll find that out tomorrow (April 21) when I attend the Holy Day celebration at 2:00 PM. I left before I heard the results because I was tired and it was past my bedtime. When I arrived home, I realized that I was too excited to sleep. I suppose I should have know this would happen, it's been a while since I was able to attend Ridvan celebration. I think this is the first Ridvan celebration I've attended since 2009 or 2010; perhaps I'm excited because I get to attend two Holy Day celebrations on the First Day of Ridvan.



At the King of Festivals
we inhaled the perfume of roses
and celebrated
the Declaration of Bahá’u’lláh,
the Blessed Beauty.

It's almost midnight here in Las Vegas and I'm still not sleepy. I'm still too excited to sleep; therefore, I will post this entry and sit down on the couch to say some prayers. Perhaps I will be able to sleep after saying and reading a few prayers. I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time, I know I'm going to enjoy the Ridvan celebration at the Baha'i Center tomorrow (April 21) afternoon.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781016-Free-Day-The-First-Day-of-Ridvan