*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788887-Augest-14
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#788887 added August 14, 2013 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
Augest 14
Nope I didn't tell Hubby about fender bender. I got the estimate and it was doiable. The week went by and no news Hubby due home so I called the body shop and he gave me a long story how all of the sudden there was more than the bumper involved. There was this and that and other things that I don't think had anything to do with the bumper.  The bill came to over 7K. I said no way and called the insurance co. They were so nice. At least he listened to my concerns about the additional damage charges and thought they were questionable. He is looking into it and told me not to worry he would take care of it.
Whew. My only worry is next time the 6 mo bill comes and it is higher! Then the you-know-what will hit the fan. I guess I will handle it then.
Hubby came home late Friday night and we went to the company picnic on Sat. Went to church Sunday morning and we were invited to Claim Jumper's for lunch with our Boss (whom we are friends with).  Monday hubby got a call from a contact that he needed do inventory and get it gone as stuff was disappearing out of the warehouse. So early Tuesday he was on a plane and in South Carolina.

I am going to the county fair with my sister tonight to see a Gospel singing contest. It should be interesting. I love county fairs.

When I got the mail Saturday I opened an invitation to a 50th wedding Anniversary party for my aunt and uncle.  They included a wedding photo of the bridal party. I am in it. I was 11 years old (had to get out the calculator for that one, all those numbers confuse this old mind) My younger sister Kathy (she's the one I'm going to the fair with) is also in it. Then I looked at the bridal party.......they's old people now! ha ha ha you can imagine how looking at them and wondering I'm not all that much younger than they are. 12-16 years. In old-age years that's about 5 years difference. I hang out with these people. We went on a cruise with them, go out to eat, sit around and talk at church.  The people my age have grandkids they are chasing, they have their same-age friends. Since we moved here coming up to 8 years now, we are still the usurpers and newbies. So the older folks are just as much fun and we all know the same people. Mostly because we all lived in Los Angeles, CA in the 50's and 60's.  They moved to Portland or Washington before the 70's.

Just a funny note. As I said my boss and wife are about 10 -15 years our senior. In that 15 years a lot has been invented, computers for instance.  Some of us have worked with computers in our jobs ( since the 1980's) and had IBM compatibles (remember those dinosaurs?)
with dos driven programs and giant 5.5 floppy disks. Yes, these were real FLOPPY disks. 
My Boss's son who is just about 3-4 years older than my daughter (turning the big 4-0 this year) and I were talking about programs and and what would be faster or what I could do.  He turns to me and said, "You really know a lot about computers for someone your age."  I almost burst out laughing but waited til I got to my office. It was a backhanded compliment.  He sees me as the same age as his parents. They diddle and daddle with the computer to read emails and play of Facebook or ancestry.com. I was talking about running excel sheets and putting stuff in a format I could import..... Not that I am any computer whiz because I'm not. I have just done the same thing over and over a few times until I know how to do it. But like anything else, when you don't use it you lose it.  Sadly things I could do because I did them 13 years ago, I no longer remember the codes or functions. With the upgraded windows its all different looking and I wouldn't know where to find the code explanations I used.

Tina Weaver

** Image ID #1634119 Unavailable **
         


             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788887-Augest-14