*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791412-Story-and-Poetry-Time-on-Creation-Saturday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#791412 added September 14, 2013 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
Story and Poetry Time on Creation Saturday
The September 14, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Write a fictional story or poem about someone being late. The more outrageous you can make it, the better *Smile*

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, with a Death by Chocolate Cake!" Shouted Harvey, Alice's giant white rabbit housemate, as he ran past her and out the front door.

"I wonder," said Alice pushing herself out of her recliner and sashaying to the front door. "If I should tell him that chocolate isn't good for rabbits." She stood at the open door watching as he transformed from a rabbit into a lavender unicorn with a rainbow colored horn. "And I don't think its good for unicorns either," she closed the door and went back to her recliner.

Outside, Harvey turned east and galloped toward the intersection of Wonderland Way and Mad Hatter Avenue. He knew he would have to hurry or he wouldn't reach the March Hare's restaurant before the Caterpillar turned into Bread-and-Butterflies. However, when he reached Mad Hatter Avenue he had to stop because the Queen and King of Hearts had their army of playing cards lined up behind the Mock Turtle who was in a deep philosophical discussion with Bill the Lizard and the Gryphon. They were arguing over the proper way to drink violet rose tea.

The Mock Turtle thought it should be sipped hot without the accompaniment of cream or sugar. The Gryphon, on the other hand, said it tasted better cold or poured into a large bowl of snow ice cream and then sprinkled with stardust. Bill the Lizard thought they were both crazy because he liked his violet rose tea gulped from a fruit jar with a splash of Jack Daniels and a shot of Jim Bean.

The Knave of Hearts, at the direction of the Duchess, had set up a card table and was in the process of placing all the ingredients for making the tea and mixing the drinks on the table. With a deep sigh, Harvey turned back into a white rabbit. Then he approached one of the cards and tapped it on the shoulder. "Would Her Majesty mind if I crossed here, I have to be at the March Hare's restaurant by 1:00 PM and it is a quarter to one now."

"Give Queenie a couple of seconds," he winked. "Once she gets a shot of Jim Bean or a splash of Jack Daniels she doesn't care if the Dormouse runs up her skirts."

"Yep," said another card. "When she sips the sauce she starts acting like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum."

"What about His Royal Highness?" Harvey glanced at his watch and began sweating Crocodile tears.

"Him," laughed the cards. "The only thing that old fart wants to do when he's drunk is paint red roses white and white roses red."

Harvey knew that he would not get to the restaurant before 1:00 PM, if he did not take matters into his own hands. Shaking his head, he turned into a Jabberwock and chewed his way through the playing cards. Once across the street, he turned into a Rocking-horsefly and flew to the restaurant. At the March Hare's Restaurant, Harvey watched heartbroken as a flock of bread-and-butterflies landed on a pair of Borogoves and a herd of Silthy Troves. The only sympathy he received was a free piece of Death by Chocolate Cake.

The September 14, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Finish this sentence...If I Ever had a dream with a poem or short story.
(Yes, it is a line to Nellie McKay's song)

If I ever had a dream,
That could stop my trembling hands,
It would taste like fudge ice cream.
And glisten like golden sands,
Reflecting the full moon's light.

If I ever had a wish,
It would be upon a star,
I would want hate to vanish,
Like autumn leaves in a fire,
Under the bright corn moon.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791412-Story-and-Poetry-Time-on-Creation-Saturday