*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798101-pain-no-gain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#798101 added January 30, 2014 at 1:33am
Restrictions: None
pain, no gain
When I went in for physical therapy on Monday I had a plan. My plan was to figure out a way to deal with all the pain I've been feeling in my biceps, since I have been having trouble dealing with all the twisting and turning action. It's not like my physical therapist is trying to hurt me. And I want to give the impression that I am doing the best I can to relax, but it is difficult when you're feeling the kind of pain I've been feeling to be able to relax enough to allow the physical therapy to take it's course. So when I came in I decided I was going to try to psych myself up and take some caffeine sugar with an energy drink and some fudge. Sounds stupid even to Jen it sounded stupid, but I was going to give it a try. My physical therapist thought it was okay but it failed. By the end of my session I was in the room with a ultrasound machine having my biceps muscle massage and it was the end of my session.

I think the person running the machine could see that I was a bit depressed and I was. I could not muster up the words and thoughts to figure out how to deal with my situation. I'm behind the eight ball. I'm behind in my physical therapy and it has been stressed me that I need to catch up. I got that message from my wife after my meeting with the PA personal assistant to the doctor did my surgery. She told me that I was missing the point, that I needed to be fully flexible by next doctors appointment I would never get back the flexibility in my right arm.

Ever since then I've been thinking about it and night and Day what I have to do to catch up. But the pain in my biceps either through physical therapy or the exercises that I do it home have been so discouraging that it just feels like I'm not to be ready by December 4 want to meet with the actual doctor about the results.

Everything is been going pretty well since my surgery on September 26. I've been hearing horror stories mostly from my wife that rehabilitation from the surgery would be a nightmare. So I did my best I was calm I was patient I was confident. Although I put up with some periods with my mother-in-law that tried my patience. I did not handle some of the situations as well as I would've liked, but I think I did the best I could with the circumstances.


© Copyright 2014 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798101-pain-no-gain