*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801272-A-pleasant-ride
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#801272 added December 29, 2013 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
A pleasant ride...
Not just raining but pouring here this morning with some thunder and lightning and temps in the 70's. I am trying to decide whether to venture out in this and go to church. At 69 (years old, that is), driving in the rain is not one of my favorite things, but just as soon as I do not get a shower and get dressed, at 10:30 the sun will be out and shining.

I drove up to a granddaughter's house yesterday, only about 25 miles, to deliver their belated Christmas presents and to see her new house. They got a new member to the family for Christmas, the cutest little puppy ever, all black with curly fur on her ears and a white throat, only two months old. They named her Boden (not sure of the spelling on that). I know. I think that is a boy's name too? Boden is just getting her teeth, had her first vet visit yesterday morning, and thinks Christmas bows, tissue paper, pant legs, and fuzzy slippers are much more fun than real puppy toys.

Boden is not the only four-legged member of the family. Daisy, a tortoise-shell kitty, has been queen of the roost for around ten years, and I was surprised to see how well she is adapting to the newcomer. She looks at Boden like she is from outer space. Boden just wants to play but Daisy is having none of it yet, giving her a wide berth. My Mopsy would be in attack mode. She doesn't even like other cats!

Although I live close to the Interstate, I took what I call the back way on my drive. It is a beautiful drive and the road that my granddaughter lives on was historically used by the Apalachee, Timucua, and Lower Creek Indians (http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/bellamyroad.html). I plan to do more exploring in the springtime.

It is lightening up so I guess I will get ready for church. Stay safe and warm...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801272-A-pleasant-ride