*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801118-Just-a-run-down
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#801118 added December 27, 2013 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
Just a run down....
My granddaughter from Jax spent most of Christmas day with me. I hadn't seen her (except on FB) since her grad party in June so it was a real treat. We nibbled on finger foods and had big bowls of steaming veggie chili since she was having Christmas dinner that evening with her Dad and Stepmom.

She educated me in the benefits of the new Kindle Fire (I have the lowly Kindle). I have wifi so I could actually watch movies in bed on it! I am so behind the times. I am to go to Best Buy and have someone give me the Kindle Fire grand tour. But that will have to wait until my finances recover from Christmas *Smile*.

Tuesday (Christmas Eve), I made peanut blossoms, brownies, and broccoli salad to take to a little dinner party at my friend's home. It was nice to be busy and we ended up laughing our way through Jim Carey's Grinch movie. Didn't get home till around ten. She has two of the cutest and most lovable little dogs (Dachshunds), Delilah and Annie, almost makes me want one, but Mopsy says...noooooo.

Mopsy has become the heater cat. I have a little electric heater and I turn it on for these cold mornings we are having. She immediately lays down next to it and stays there until I turn it off. I guess we both are just getting old. It keeps us warm here in my computer room and allows my fingers to type a little faster.

Yesterday I worked in my yard. I planted ivy awhile back in a small area between the sidewalk and front of my house and the ivy has gone wild...climbing 4 feet up the brick in some spots. So yesterday I pulled it all down to ground level and clipped it off...a trash can full for the yard debris person on Tuesday. I don't believe the little ivy 'feet' can be good for the brick mortar and there were lots of ants...looking for moisture, I think, because it was damp behind it. Anyway...glad I got rid of it. It still looks pretty on the ground area. I'll just have to keep it trimmed back.

I've been having to cover my front porch plants at night because of the low temps and they are looking a little pitiful. They are too big for me to move into the garage now. But I cannot complain...we have had a very mild winter so far...of course it's only been a week *Laugh*.

The holidays have been a mixture of sad and happy and I guess that is the way it will be from now on.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2013 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801118-Just-a-run-down