*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801615-Breaking-Bad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#801615 added January 1, 2014 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
Breaking Bad
Happy New Year! Linda and I stayed up to midnight to welcome in the New Year and celebrated with a glass of our favorite wine, Auselase. While we were waiting for the appointed hour we watched three episodes of Breaking Bad.

For my readers who are not familiar with the HBO series it is the story of a research chemist who instead of riches feels a compelling social need to go back and teach High School. Suddenly he’s diagnosed with lung cancer. His wife is pregnant his son has cerebral palsy and he’s broke. To leave them a nest egg he begins cooking methamphetamine with a former student.

It’s one of those series where you have to suspend disbelief and sit back and enjoy what the producers, screenwriters and actors have created. It shows how the central character must constantly cope with his double life, his medical condition and the street world of drug addiction. What I enjoy most about the series is that in the cinematic model there's a clear portrayal of the struggle between "Good" and “Evil.”

It’s worth watching. Season 1 can be purchased at Walmart for about $17.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801615-Breaking-Bad