*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805463-The-seat-of-judgementmade-by-the-pants-baby
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#805463 added February 4, 2014 at 8:10am
Restrictions: None
The seat of judgement...made by the pants baby!
Blogging badge


I seem to have this daily phobia, have I done the blog yet, haven't I done the blog? What's with the blog? Who, why.

Sunday is the worst; a busy morning for us and sometimes all day. I struggle to get online at all until, yes...until it's too late to post for that day.

You see, it's late afternoon here, when midnight in the USA ticks over, so for some reason I haven't worked out yet, I either forget it, or fret over it.

If I post the entry too early, it's twice in the one day. *Frown*

Annette asked about the term "made by the pants" and if we'd ever heard of it, and was it derogatory?

I've been wondering what people in the future will think of our era, if times come, centuries, millenia from now, they find buried ruins and dig them up.

Yes, I browsed a book about Pompeii, fascinating stuff. I'd love to go there one day and stand in rooms, walk their paths, see their mosaic art.

I notice they did those of nudes. Was that their form of porn back then?

And what of the water source? I admit my research lasted about 4 minutes. But I have yet to see any mosaics of their water resovoir.

There are aquaducts and those stone arches, pipelines and I've read the book Pompeii - forget the author. Was it Crichton? One of his lesser known books? No, I think it was Harris.

Yes, thanks Google.

http://books.google.com.au/books/about/Pompeii.html?id=XW2fQaznmZcC&redir_esc=y

So here it is, the year 2892.
Archaeology is now considered equal to cleaning toilets. It's digging "manually!" out in the sweaty real world. People don't do those uncouth things any more.

But something happened to these people in this future time, to force them to employ Archaologists, "tradespersons of the lowest types"

Maybe they were afflicted again with some ancient disease that hadn't been heard of for centuries.

Wanting to do hard work.

Here they are, digging in an ancient civilisation region where someone estimates, by some fragments gathered painstakingly from a circular plastic disk (cd) that was located some of the primitive people's dwellings. Maybe they'll find the answers to this malignance, this contagion once known as "workaholicism". It was something like being a Nazi, or Australian, or a Kangaroo, something like that, no one really knows any more.

They dig down using robots, they don't use shovels, just pressing buttons is considered manual labour now. Not to be talked about around better company.

Voila. They strike paydirt. Artefacts. A folding plastic pocket device, with one side of it a window of some kind, and the other surface with lots of lumps on it. Once all the dirt is cleaned out and the thing sterilized, these lumps are able to be depressed and they return again through some unknown force underneath.
When this first happens, everyone witnessing in the room falls backwards in fright. The thing moved by itself.

What if it's a booby trap set by these ancient cave people. They used PLASTIC. Now known that these people succumbed to byproducts leaking out of the very skins of these machines and devices, killing them all, and their children. And even their machines eventually.

Then one of the archaeologists of 2892 (a month of excavating gone by) has the bright idea, (what would you expect from these tradesmen) of hooking up one of the recent gravity fuel sources with a thought interface.

Before they can evacuate anyone from the room where the folding foreign object sits, it comes alive. A strange hum. The small window lights up and yes, they still , in 2892, stubbornly use English, so they understand the word formed on the "window". It says. Windows.

There must be more than one, although the plural feature of words is no longer in fashion these days. More than one - borders on some sort of thought process that must be done. Not on. Can't have that.

Anyway, I was picturing how people percieve other groups of people in different eras.

Would they understand us requiring Air / Conditioners, if in their time, the weather remained perfect all the time?

What if machines are developed to such an extent that hunger or any sort of conflict involving food is no longer an issue, ever. People are well fed.

And, what about writers? Will we be considered different to now? Will a writer be the most awe inspiring person then? Look at him / her? !! Just look will you, People will say. See? To their children. There is someone who writes.
They'll all realise after a while that they are holding their breaths, they'll be so impressed. I'm holding my breath now.

Holding it because of the heat... A?C? ahh. A/C.

Ok. It's so hot here, my mind is just straying back to the A/C line.

Here is some simple information of this era. My brother in law said that the Kangaroos in their region, are in plague proportions and with the drought and heat, are just sitting around under the trees. They don't even bother getting up or moving away when a car approaches.

That's heat.

Sparky

Quills Sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805463-The-seat-of-judgementmade-by-the-pants-baby