*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806274-New-Course
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#806274 added May 2, 2014 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
New Course
I woke up somewhere around two a.m. The family is out of town for the weekend and I have to work in the morning. I couldn't keep myself awake to watch the end of the Michigan State win over Purdue and went upstairs shortly after seven. Slept a good six hours with one interruption. Pele meows in the night sometimes like she is lost. There's a theory that she is looking for the kittens that are kept in the basement at night because they keep. Us up. She's too old to lock in that dank, cold cellar with them, so she has the master bedroom. Only, I shut her out because I needed un disturbed rest. Guess she figured out how to get me down. Gave her breakfast, but all she did was squaw and walk in her semi-circled twists that agitate me. Can't figure out what besides food and water or petting that she might require and I'm not about to clean a litter box.

I turn my thoughts to what had kept me restless in previous nights. Knowing I may have mis perceived things made me a bit angry and had no one to turn on but myself. Kept muttering stupid and idiot with each new thought that bubbled to the surface to break. But I was making my mind up about something else. I need this one last run to get back in shape, have the body I know I can rebuild with focus on diet, exercise and rest. It starts now.

No stimulants, all natural this time. I need the natural endorphins my body can produce. I'm going to print pictures I can stare at to give me extra motivation. I burnt out once channeling all my hate into exercise. I think I've got enough built into me for another run. I will add mantras that will be a mix of encouragement and revenge, always keeping my eyes to the ultimate goal I set for myself when I started this whole process in 2007.


© Copyright 2014 Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806274-New-Course