*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806769-Donner-Pass-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#806769 added February 11, 2014 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Donner Pass Road
I picked up my new saw today. It's a Steil 362. Right now all my saws are running pretty good and this morning I cut a trailer load of wood. One of my trailers had two flat tires and when I tried to reinflate them discovered that the sides were ripped open. I must have snagged that side on something sharp. That'll be another expense.

Last night I got lazy and didn't go out and fill up the wood stove at midnight. This morning it was 50 degrees in the house. I really had to hustle and only now at about 3pm is the house up to normal temperature.

I continue to have vivid dreams but they aren't quite as bad as they used to be. I got a med from the VA that helps. In my dreams there's always a thread of reality but I'm portrayed as a bad person. When I wake up I get indignant and say to myself Hey! that isn't the way it was at all. Sometimes I think my demons are trying to mess with my mind. *Bigsmile* . I asked the Dr. if I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? He said "No." Considering what I'd been through, he opined, I was still remarkably sane and and in possession of a well integrated personality.

Linda and I took a walk this afternoon up "Five Car A Day Road." That isn't the actual name but I think you get the idea of how isolated my farm is. Sometime I call it "Donner Pass Road." It's been packed ice and snow since November. Honey, my Golden Doodle really enjoyed herself, prancing and frolicking about.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806769-Donner-Pass-Road