*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809993-Mrs-Murphys-Law
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#809993 added March 13, 2014 at 9:20pm
Restrictions: None
Mrs. Murphy's Law
This morning I had what might be a great idea but what could also be a great big flop. This was to tell the same exact story but from two different POV. For example the reader would get to read 2k words from Charles POV and then would get to go back and see the same 2k scenario from Edith's POV.

In order to make this work there would have to be come common anchoring lines. Like the Storm symbolism would be the same in both. Then the backstory would be the same but show their differing perceptions. Most of us are familiar with the "Men are from Mars,"Woman are from Venus theme." While I think there are differences, men and women in my view, have more in common then they do at issue. After all we start off at conception with the same egg and of course there are changes, not just in plumbing but also chemically taking place. Having said that I think its safe to say that men see an act of intercourse more as a door that opens and closes and women see it more as a window that opens into the future. So the differences while they exist are not of a magnitude that put men and woman on different planets. We both get to walk the road through life one day at a time constrained by the earth's gravity.

Sorry for the digression. Anyway, I think I'll try it and see what happens.

Today Linda and I went to Wisconsin Rapids and Stephen's point. I told her about R Jones blog on everything going south when a husband goes off on business. She grimaced and said it's one of Mrs. Murphy's laws "If it can go wrong it will go wrong; (Once your husband is safely out of the area.)" I thought that was funny but I could see my wife was having flashbacks and wasn't all that amused.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/809993-Mrs-Murphys-Law