*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810266-Blogger-Crushes-and-Memories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#810266 added March 15, 2014 at 9:51pm
Restrictions: None
Blogger 'Crushes' and Memories
Today's blogs....

Welcome To My Reality - Week Twelve


5. Who is your 'blogger crush' and why? That is, which blogger (on WDC or offsite) do you most admire and/or wish to emulate? What's stopping you from achieving something of the same standard?
I have spent some time peaking around into other people's blog and found that not everyone does their blog the same way. Looking through them I find I do have a preference. In fact, it was blainecindy that showed me that I could dress up my blog and address several prompts from several groups in one entry. Tying the together can be a challenge and some days it works; some days it does not. I also like her use of quotes that I find quite inspiring. Gotta love her style. Being new to blogging, I chose her because I could learn from her and I have been impressed in the short time I have been with Blog City.
I also really like jefferymaine's blog. He is open and honest; very authentic and humourous. From him, I have learned to share those parts of myself I may, in the past, have hidden. This is who I am and I am not ashamed of it. I am worthy and pleased with who I am and who I am becoming. I am no longer that little wallflower that freezes when someone asks her a question. Now, I take the time to consider my answer then put myself down on the page - writing about my thoughts is so much easier than trying to say them, anyway.
I can not say I am not achieving their standard. My blog has taken on aspects of theirs but in my own way and I appreciate their help in showing me the way.
I am still looking at other people's blogs to see what interests me and to see if I can incorporate those kinds of things. One of my blogs had a link to a YouTube video - that was a neat concept - could have gotten that from PatrickB PatrickB. I am not sure if he has a blog or not but his creative involvement when it comes to the Art of Criticism is phenomenal. I continue to learn from him and appreciate his assistance whenever I have asked for assistance.
Overall, I find we all have aspects to offer each other. Being open and exploring each otherโ€™s blogs and portfolios is important and I love it.


Blog City - March 15, 2014


Cesare Pavese is known for saying that 'We do not remember days, we remember moments.' Describe your moment.

It is the moments within days we remember.
Some burst and taste sweet and burn brightly.
Others simmer gently and cast shadows so sublime.
Life is filled with moments
Some we treasure as divine
Some we wish to bury deeply
But all of them make us who we are
And that, my friend, is just fine.


To try to capture a single moment and cast it here is a challenge. They are like butterflies landing, then just as I wish to grasp it, it flutters off and another catches my eye. All I can do is sit here and let them fill the air around me. Breathe in and out, knowing these are all my moments. Some big, some small, but all of them are mine. They are part of my past, but are not attached to me. Sometimes they lilt and land, then take to flight again. Like memories through my mind they come and go. I can only smile at the them.

I guess that is what this moment is like. I canโ€™t settle and neither can my memories. Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow. For now I will just be. Good night.




© Copyright 2014 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810266-Blogger-Crushes-and-Memories