*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814557-What-I-was-like-as-a-child-and-Funny-Things-Kids-Say
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#814557 added April 21, 2014 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
What I was like as a child and Funny Things Kids Say
Today's blogs...

Blog City - Day 49 - April 21, 2014


What's the funniest thing you've ever heard a child say?

Now where do I start... my cousin was full of wee comments that had us giggling.
We had gone for breakfast a one of those American chains. The waitress came around to take our orders, when she got to my cousin he asked for eggs. She asked how he would like them. He said, β€œWith a fork.”

This is the same cousin who, as a child, was affected by sugar. You could give him chocolate and by the time you were half way through the mall he would be spinning.
Well... One evening, I picked his twelve year old soul up from choir practice and he had eaten a whole package of Halls. While driving through the university, he rolled down his window and yelled "This is my cousin Carolyn and she goes to school here!" Crazy kid - but I still love him.

He is getting married this fall... I wonder what stories I can remember.... oh, the many stories I have. He he he.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Eighteen


1. What kind of child/teen were you? Example shy, popular, loner etc

I was a painfully shy child. One who would hide behind her mother's legs and watch the world, rather than enter into it. Entering into it often met with rejection because other children found me odd.

I was an only child. I often preferred my own company to that of my peers - I often found them to be immature and cruel, as only children can be. I preferred to be around adults - particularly those of my family.

I was quiet, but not all the time. I loved a good laugh and could imitate Tim Conway's old, shuffling man to make my mother burst with laughter. My mother was prone to fits of darkness in depression, but my little comedy routines could pull her out and bring a little light to her day.

I loved animals. We always had cats when I was a child. My grandparents had a dog who adopted them - he was the first dog I was not afraid of. He was a gift and a guardian.

When I did play with other children they were usually younger than myself and a couple of them were boys. There was no pettiness in playing with boys. Girls could be catty and I would prefer to be alone than with them.

I was a bit of a tom-boy myself, preferring to be outdoors, romping across our properties. I loved exploring in my friend, Herbie's yard. His dad owned some kind of car part place - there were always interesting things to find and discover. My mother always got after me when I collected iron ore pellets off the railway tracks - seems they made it into the washing machine more than once.

Moving to southern Ontario just before my twelfth birthday changed a few things.
One - I was a backward kid from northern Ontario
Two - I was hitting my tweens
Three - My father had cancer - and even though my parents were separated, I hoped my parents would get back together.
Four - my father died - just over 2 months after we moved to Guelph
Five - my favourite aunt gave birth to her first child making me no longer the youngest grandchild (though I was still the youngest granddaughter)
So what changed. I would say I got a little depressed and pulled into myself further. It took time, but I eventually emerged and found some friends who 'got' me - those friends are still dear to me to this day. I would say that between those friends and my writing, I found my way back to who I am today - more confident and more sure of myself - not so afraid of what others think - and I kind of like that person.



© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814557-What-I-was-like-as-a-child-and-Funny-Things-Kids-Say