*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814697-Crushes-and-Things-That-Make-Me-Smile
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#814697 added April 22, 2014 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
Crushes and Things That Make Me Smile
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 49 – April 22, 2014


List ten things that make you smile. Ten things that make me happy.

My family.
My pets.
My husband - note: family and pets come before my husband.... he he he
My friends - Michelle and Debbie and everyone I have met at Writing.com
Having this time to work on my writing and still teach - dual purpose careers.
Being able to travel with my husband.
Sunny days.
Warm rains when I do not have to be anywhere and I can go out and stand in them.
Bookstores and gift cards to use in them.
A good book.
Free coffee at Starbucks on Earth Day

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Eighteen


3. My teenage celebrity crush?

I was a big Duran Duran fan. My favourite was Simon Le Bon. Although I loved the band, as did my friend Debbie we were never those gaga fans that seem to have lost their mind whenever they had a chance to see the band. In fact I never got to any of their concerts. Those crowds were overwhelming and you could see so much more if you watched on TV. You could hear so much more if you just listened to the music at home.

Other crushes I had... well, I may have liked Rob Lowe - I saw an interview with him talking to Oprah and he has aged very well. He has come through his own experience as a teenage heart throb and turned out okay - marrying someone outside the business and moving out beyond the Hollywood crowd to raise his family has normalled out much of his younger chaotic life. Part of the 'Brat Pack' he was a wild, fun wielding young man - now he seems real and open - doing what he loves in a business that is harsh and unforgiving.

I was also a big fan of Harrison Ford - still like him in fact - actually I still like all my teenage crushes but now with the reality of time to just appreciate them - not only for their cuteness and style but for the people they let the world see they are.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814697-Crushes-and-Things-That-Make-Me-Smile