*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816149-Book-Club
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#816149 added May 7, 2014 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
Book Club
Book Club yesterday and thank goodness, Gone Girl is gone. What a crazy book, literally. Likes and dislikes leaned toward the dislikes and people who liked it were looked at suspiciously...just kidding. According to our leader's research, the movie will be out in October with a different ending. I may have to see how that works because Flynn's ending was awful in my opinion, too many questions unanswered and full of Swiss cheese, the holey kind. Even the writing style was confusing to me. I kept having to return to the beginning of a chapter to remind myself who and when I was reading about. Okay, I think I have clubbed Ms. Flynn enough. It does make me wonder, though, about all the people who bought this book and placed it on the best seller listing. Mistakes? It does get one talking.

My N.D. son called last night. He usually calls when he is on the road...and he was. We talked for almost an hour. He says he still intends to ride his motorcycle down here for a visit this summer, over 2200 miles. Most months in N.D. prohibit that kind of activity, way too cold. I was surprised when he said it snowed (a little) on May 1st...yikes!

My neighbors next door are moving again...in June to Georgia. Hubby got a job near Atlanta. I will miss them. They have the cutest little girls. They'll be renting their house again and I wonder who my new neighbors will be?

Next month for Book Club we are reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, a biography about Louie Zamperini...looks very good. I am glad our reading list is so varied. And near the end of our meeting, we discuss other books we are reading and find many are reading or have read the same ones. Well, I need to start typing up the minutes, so...

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816149-Book-Club