*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816333-Thunder-in-the-Pods
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#816333 added May 9, 2014 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
Thunder in the Pods
I guess it is inevitable that problems will occur in writing critique pods. After all, they are made up of humans. But this particular problem had never occurred to me. Content. Specifically, sexist erotica. This particular member started out writing acceptable fiction, the type of writing the group accepts, but he evolved into this unacceptable area, unacceptable by all other members. I was emailed by the leader for help. I am the coordinator (newly appointed) of all the critique groups. Usually, this position only involves matching up new members with appropriate groups.

The problem member was asked to refrain from such writing, seeing nothing wrong with it, and became confrontational with other members. To make a very long story short, the member was requested to leave the group after a unanimous vote by all other members.

Now the problem becomes how to avoid this same situation in the future? Specific group guidelines? How do you determine what is acceptable and what is not? Anyone else had a problem like this? Any ideas?

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816333-Thunder-in-the-Pods