*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816404-It-began-as-an-idea-that-I-had
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#816404 added May 10, 2014 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
"It began as an idea that I had..."
How many times has that happened?

Something great began as an idea someone had, and in the movie Inception, Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) explains that an idea can be planted long ago, leading to monumental future consequences. Gigantic changes can happen, just because of a thought. A thought processed into action, along with some gumption, some guts, and some pocket change.

I would take my hat off, if I wore a hat, to the young man in the following videos, (who isn't quite so young now) for his vision, courage and individualism. In this day and age of social problems, drugs, you name it, here is something positive. Yes, obviously he had support and perhaps some good luck, loving parents, grandparents and whatever.

Basically he rocks.



He didn't stop there.



Take courage fellow peoples of earth. Open your eyes, NoteBooks, car doors, wallets and house windows. Breath in the fresh clean smell of creativity, while the freedom lasts where we can express it. Sometimes I fear we won't always be allowed to tell it the way it is in our minds.

Like town planners and those in power who are bent on controlling the whole population of earth, there may come a day when we are not allowed to have fun. Not allowed to OWN OUR OWN HOUSES OR LAND.

Not allowed to WRITE A BOOK.

But until that day comes, we can look to 16 year olds for inspiration, and 46 year olds for the odd funny quote pinched from elsewhere on the net, and look to 86 year olds for...well for something, if they could remember what it was.

"It began as an idea"

Sparky

Quills sig

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816404-It-began-as-an-idea-that-I-had