*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818287-A-cat-story
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#818287 added May 31, 2014 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
A cat story....
I can't remember how I found it, but I ordered a book titled Love Saves the Day by Gwen Cooper. I finished it a few days ago, and yesterday I mailed it to my daughter in Delaware. It is about a cat named Prudence and most of it is written from the cat's perspective. I probably cried through 50% of the book - it was that emotional, for me anyway. I mailed it to my daughter to see if she has the same reaction or if it is just me and where I am right now in my journey through grief. She has a cat, Oliver, as I've mentioned before, about the same age as my Mopsy, so I'm hoping she has the same reaction.

It will be two years in July since Jim died, and I am trying to move on with my life, but I do seem to want to dwell in the past a lot. I think writing memoir stories is not helping so I am trying to pause in that area for a while. I've done some new things that Jim was never interested in doing, some I have continued, some not. I still have a real fear of going very far away from home, afraid that something will happen while I am gone, not necessarily to me, but to Mopsy or my house. Everyone says this is silly, and I know it, but I cannot get past it.

We are in our rainy and thunderstormy afternoon season here in Gainesville. Usually, it comes in June, but the storms are early this year. The good part is that the temperature cools down, considerably, from 90 something to 70 something. My a/c is thankful for that, but the lightening is prolific with flood warnings almost every afternoon. One would think that a sandy soil could take care of plenty of water, but roadways become dangerous with several inches of rain in a short amount of time. And we have plenty of hard pan (clay) under our sand.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their weekend. Congrats to all the new graduates out there!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818287-A-cat-story