*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818973-A-Busy-Week-So-Far
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#818973 added June 7, 2014 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
A Busy Week So Far
Well, I have done it. I have signed up for an 'intro to kayaking' class. I have been thinking and talking about doing this for so long, I am getting tired of listening to myself. The entire class is only two days, the first on the 18th, classroom instruction, and the second on the 21st, ON THE WATER. My heart beats faster just thinking about it. The only part I am really concerned with is getting into the kayak. I called the instructor (yes, I did), told him I was almost 70, and he said there was nothing to be worried about, he has had 80-year-olds in the past. He said the kayaks are the ride-on-top kind, the easiest to get into with just a little finesse. Unfortunately, I never learned any 'finesse'. Finger-crossing is my style.

This week has been busy with book club on Tuesday and life history group on Thursday plus my writing group critique pod stuff has gotten to be almost a daily thing. I send out my update requests on the first of the month. We have sixteen pods (critique groups) with almost seventy members. I like to be up-to-date on who is where and meeting when so that when new members to our writing group want to join a pod, I can (intelligently) suggest an appropriate one. The pods are all different genres with all different kinds of people. It is a little more work than I anticipated...but I tend to make things that way. Our monthly meeting is this Sunday Writers Alliance of Gainesville   with a special speaker whose pizza I have enjoyed more than a few times *Smile*.

Well, I want to go for my walk before it gets steaming outside so....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818973-A-Busy-Week-So-Far