*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819180-What-to-do
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#819180 added June 9, 2014 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
What to do....
Do you ever have a day when you just feel at loose ends, when there is plenty you need to do, but you don't want to do any of it? That is how my day is going. I have so many things going through my brain that I need to accomplish, but I cannot seem to get started on any of them. So, here I am, writing my blog but at least doing something. I think Mopsy feels the same way because she keeps walking back and forth like she doesn't know where to go. I know just how you feel, Mopsy.

Anyway, it is getting hotter than Hades here and the air is on. Staying inside to keep cool can dampen my spirits too so maybe that is part of the problem. Several bluejays have been hogging the bird feeder this morning. The cardinals wait patiently (or not) on the porch railing for them to leave.

I made some lenticchie Sicilian lentil soup and cornbread for lunch...love that stuff. The soup is a dry mix made by Alessi so it didn't take very much effort and it keeps me in lunches for 4 days. I freeze the cornbread. It takes about 2 minutes to reheat in the toaster oven straight from the freezer. Then I just drop it into the cup of soup and break it up with each spoonful...yum. A green salad with pineapple chunks, raisins, blueberries (straight from the freezer), a few croutons and some honey/dijon dressing rounded out my lunch.

Tomorrow evening I am going to a storytelling night at a local pizzeria. If you want to, (which I am sure I will not) you can get up in front of everyone and tell a five minute story (no notes). The topic for tomorrow night is secrets and lies. The stories are archived on a site called growradio. I've listened to a few and some are very interesting. I think a few beers might have helped some "tellers".

Well, I absolutely must do something. I have company coming this weekend and housecleaning and yardwork are beckoning.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819180-What-to-do