*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822051-Extreme-blogging-where-people-are-forced-to-read-on
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#822051 added July 8, 2014 at 2:25am
Restrictions: None
Extreme blogging; where people are forced to read on...
Could such a thing be possible?

I found this sort of cobwebby reference via google. 2008-9 is ancient news, of course.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2008/mar/09/blogs

2014 narrowed results down a bit.

http://www.someawards.com/award-categories/2014-most-influential-blogger/

Well, who cares really. I suppose it matters to someone, but not me. But surely ideas for stories or novels come from this sort of random thinking?

What if's. That's my favourite thinking tool. Perhaps it's not always healthy to think along these lines, because the further you travel in la-la land, the more out of touch you could possibly become. Right?

What if someone's harmless looking blog, simply words online, hardly a matter of national security surely, what if the blogger realised one day that whatever he / she said in the blog was coerciing people, in bulk numbers, to do stuff. Basically influencing them beyond acceptable limits. Force is the word. Outside of their permission. Outside of their knowledge...maybe.

Apparently hypnosis is only able to be used on willing subjects.

I haven't had the time, as usual, to research this stuff and copied the second link I found on the subject.

http://www.abouthypnosis.com/how-hypnosis-works.html

How freaky would it be if a blogger had this happen? What would they do with this power? What would you do?
What if the person was a teenager, and pumped full of hormones, ideals, anger and more. The complete package of rebellious malleability. (Yes, a generalisation and most likely laughable, but this blog is for entertainment hey)

Well, if it was possible, and if such a prodogy was born and did this mass hypnosis thing through blogging, one thing's for certain. It aint me!



But this idea is something I've used as a foundation stone in my novel The Influence Gene.

And after writing the book, during research anyway, I discovered articles of research that DO point to this being a possible fact.

Maybe I'll have to think even further outside the box. Maybe hypnosis will help.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822051-Extreme-blogging-where-people-are-forced-to-read-on