*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822486-Foggy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#822486 added July 13, 2014 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
Foggy
Still walking, day 18. It is very foggy this morning and the heat is oppressive even though the sun cannot get through. My face feels encased in a moist cloth. The Spanish moss, live oaks, and royal palms, fuzzy through the mist, alert my "be on your guard" button. Sounds are louder. I saw a cat, feral I suspect, a dog, thankfully behind a fence, and a bunny hopping down the bank to the holding pond in the back of the development. I would not have seen any of them except for the noise they made through the heavy fog. People leaving for church, or wherever, have their car lights on, but their noise precedes them. The street is wet with dew, and a patch of mulberries turned the soles of my shoes purple. Mossy, green-coated pecans litter another patch, probably dropped by squirrels. I have to watch where I walk. They hurt when stepped on.

Yesterday I met with two friends at the little cafe in the Harn (museum) for lunch. We had the most delicious crab bisque, real crab, I found shells. Then we strolled through the museum and visited the gift shop. I bought my granddaughter a Japanese hair stick for her birthday next Sunday. It rained so hard on the way home, I could barely see to drive...a free carwash *Smile*.

This morning I have to make some cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip) for a book signing at the library, Mary Kay Andrews, a beach read author...something to do. So I had better hop to it....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822486-Foggy