*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822828-Beating-tailored-paths-to-your-door-with-urgent-vital-news
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#822828 added July 17, 2014 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
Beating tailored paths to your door with urgent, vital news.
I'm not the only one I would guess, who waves my arms above my head, choking and gasping like a drowning man, fending off the overwhelming bombardment of messages, posts, tweets, pins (Pinterest - 45 seconds to sign up / 25+ Billion pins to explore) and lots of other clamoring, yet often valid demands of our time and attention.

Oh for an Oasis where a struggling soul can crawl, yes hide, from the gales of reality, from the life-battles of which we can be veterans from birth.



We live in a strange world, there is no doubt about it folks. The Japanese woman arrested for emailing 3D instructions to numerous men, of something she would have been better off keeping private. (Am I the only one who finds this repulsive? Seriously.) Not what she did (although that is on the edge of creativity surely) but that someone thought this newsworthy, or handy to use as a political pressure referring to children being used inappropriately in Anime.

What next?

Well, whiz across to another odd story where driver-less cars are already being considered tools for terrorists; a good chance they'll view them as potential weapons, free guidance and delivery system - who wouldn't take advantage? Straight to a market crowded with innocent political leverage targets. Hardhearted, deluded zealots, the whole lot of them.

And what about Archie Andrews dying? You know...don't you? Reggie. Jughead? Veronica and Betty? Pops and the Choklit Shoppe? Yep, he's scheduled to be gunned down, without mercy, and become another sad victim with mourners staring at his tombstone, umbrellas drooping above their heads in the gloomy, cloud filled sky of the forgotten. Ok it is only an alternative series, but still. It's almost as symbolic and traumatic as Brian dying in Family Guy.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/showbiz/archie-death-details/index.html?sr=tw07161...

Local weirdness branded TASMANIAN that only those with too much time on their hands and misdirected imagination could devise:

Tasmania Police
Burnie Police and Magistrates Court have been receiving enquiries from people this week who have received emails stating they have a Notice to Appear attached, from the Clerk of the Court.
Magistrates Court Tas don’t send notices by email.
Some of the emails appear to come from a legal company in the US.
SCAMwatch have been made aware of this. Initial investigations suggest this is a Malware scam. They report they have received similar reports over the past month or so.
The advice received and the message from Scamwatch is that if you don't recognise the sender, don't open the attachment.
Further information and advice can be found at:
http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/

SHRIEK!! Its all too much!

Social media thrashing us about the head, with headlines bursting with violence, spinning issues of life, problems and experiences smacking us right between the eyes. How do we separate the whey from the cream, differentiate with the great cream separator of our contemplation, hoping for an island of stability in all this boiling awareness, something solid that we can swim to, gratefully haul ourselves up on, and be suddenly sanctified in an empty minded, relative peace; even if then it is too quiet, boring and pointless. Muses don't like too much quietness, or social isolation I've realised.
Our view of the gnashing teeth of technology, snapping at our heals, only seems to compound these problems.



As writers, do we really want peace and quite? Ok, sometimes. But all the time? While writing our complex bestseller, and juggling the entire 40 chapters or 80 chapters, and 7 characters and their cousins, in our heads simultaneously, the odd month or two would be paradise, of that I am certain.

STOP WORRYING, my wife says, when I relate to her the ongoing losses of life in Ukraine, the victims mourned in Moscow, the starving inhabitants of...

Try these tips to stop worrying. I'm sure there are many writers who fit into the glove of worry like one hand recapping. (a bottle of liquid anesthetic maybe)

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/what-are-you-worried-about.html

Sparky



This footnote video is to raise awareness of Carly who thrives despite the difficulties of severe Autism. Watching and learning about her will change your viewpoint of all these intelligent people.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822828-Beating-tailored-paths-to-your-door-with-urgent-vital-news