*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822976-Soaking-up-the-warmth-of-your-words-sipping-tea-or-coffee
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#822976 added July 19, 2014 at 3:05am
Restrictions: None
Soaking up the warmth of your words, sipping tea, or coffee
Something I wonder about today.

I don't want to be someone who grandstands my writing, blogs, posts etc taking advantage of events to gain attention.

But, in reality is that what my writing is abou? Do we sometimes justify our actions with all sorts of excuses and reasoning, yet deep down we know that it's to gain sympathy?

Do I label all the good stuff "I" and "My", but all the bad and lame efforts "We"?

I read recently someone's advice that while vocally siding with a cause, whatever it is or however appropriate or justified, the advantages and fame may be short lived, perhaps even have a negative effect in the long term.

Passenger list from MH17 posted with the label "Leaked passenger list". Why on earth would such information have to be leaked?

http://www.geenstijl.nl/archives/images/Passengerlist.pdf

I suppose there is nothing so desparate as a blank mind when writing demands material. That sense of urgency to deliver something can push us beyond whats right. Can't it? Does it?

Anyway, enough of that. The redeeming factor is always....coffee.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/yezminvillarreal/coffeeshops-you-need-to-see-before-you-...

Sparky

Featured as part of my signature, the video below is here to raise awareness of Carly, who thrives despite the difficulties of severe Autism. Watching and learning about her may change how we think of these people, and how we treat them.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822976-Soaking-up-the-warmth-of-your-words-sipping-tea-or-coffee