*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826903-Walkingor-not
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#826903 added September 2, 2014 at 7:34am
Restrictions: None
Walking...or not?
I am sitting here wondering whether to forego my walk this morning...maybe, although I hardly ever do not go walking. I have lots of things to do today.

My book club meets at 1 and before that I want to stop by Jim's grave with some new flowers. And I need to do the banking for my writers' group since it is nearby. At 3 I have an appointment, an unscheduled appointment, with my eye doctor. Last Thursday morning I woke up at 5 a.m. with some eye pain and could not go back to sleep. I've developed some problems with my eyedrops. After some discussion back and forth with the nurse, I was told to stop using them (duh, no one needed to tell me that) and come in today at 3 for a looksee.

At least I got all my grass cut yesterday just before our daily thunder-bumper. I think it rained about all night. The street out front is still wet this morning and I see one little limb down in the back yard. I need to edge the sidewalk, driveway and curb, but that can wait until tomorrow...or the next day.

I am on a BBC binge on Amazon Prime, Middlemarch, Wives and Daughters, North and South, and probably some I've already forgotten. I think I may have lived back then in another life. I see things in these programs and know exactly what they are, and I cannot remember reading or hearing about them before...weird.

And I have put myself on a sort of schedule with certain things to do at certain times everyday. A little depression creeps upon me if I am at loose ends so having things to do keeps it at bay. I have been very lax on my transcribing, and I am adding to my 'thoughts of Jim' item each day. A lot of "free time" is not really a good thing. I must do useful things to feel useful.

Here are some interesting thoughts I have read lately and want to share...sorry I cannot remember and did not write down where they came from but rest assured, I did not think them up *Smile*.

"Unless you can give up your secrets, you will always be at the mercy of them."

"We may be done with the past, but the past is not done with us."

"We journal because life deserves to be remembered."

"We are all children trying to be adults."

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826903-Walkingor-not