*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829547-On-books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#829547 added October 1, 2014 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
On books
Welcome to Talent Pond's Blog Harbor. The safe place for bloggers to connect.


I am choosing prompt 5 for today...the last book I read is....

ASIN: 038549081X
Product Type: Book
Amazon's Price: $ 9.53



Although I have read this book before, a long time ago about the time I read 1984, new flashes of recognition come to mind through the words. Pictures are taking the place of words, cameras are everywhere, government eavesdropping is barely hidden. Stories like this endure because of their truths and because of how we can identify with characters and situations. This marks Atwood's success, that she can do that through science fiction.

I remember having the same feeling about the ending before that I had this time. I wanted to know that Offred was alive and well, back to living a "normal" life somewhere, maybe with Nick, but I did like Atwood's technique. Now, I feel like the fact that Offred's tapes were found without her, she did not survive. The question is will we survive? Some paranoia may be a good thing.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2014 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829547-On-books