*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827886-Writing-is-like-life-its-purpose-murky-Is-that-clear
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#827886 added September 12, 2014 at 12:03am
Restrictions: None
Writing is like life, its purpose murky. Is that clear?
Are we the author of clarity, or the author of confusion?

Eggs is eggs, right? Or wrong? Are they not a stolen generation, half children of chickens? We live in a nasty world folks, where we eat chickens babies. Reality. Sunny side up. *Wink*



Do we fluff around, telling our story with brushed over, swept under the carpet half truths, or do we write clearly, directly, truthfully, spending time, giving of ourselves, writing something that really costs us something to say.
Do we put something honest into our work? Do we put ourselves into our writing?

Sometimes I feel so sure that the secret of great writing, is simply the ring of truth. There is a whole truckload of honesty required, to discern if something, or someone, is truthful / true, or if it's not.

We know very well, I feel, if something is true or not. Deep down inside there is a knowledge about a written work, or it could be anything, any incident in life, and that thing, whatever it is, has a truth or untruth we can either accept, or deny.
But the thing is, it's there. That truth about it, or falseness, is there, whether we accept it or not. That's my feelings on this anyway.

There are many things that we can see for sure are true, or untrue, or something in between that is foggy, shrouded, confusing, open to argument, or has to be based on simply believing in it or not. Faith, you could say.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/leading-anti-marijuana-academics-are-paid-by-pain...

http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/how-to-intensify-conflict-deepen-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlwecXJGXIk

http://www.thewritershelpers.com/post/47119153461/snakegrin-asked-do-you-have-an...

What if we wrote a story from multiple personality point of view, with some trauma added to the conflict that caused one or more of the personalities to be absent, and another or others to "activate" to protect the bearer, or main physical character, of these personalities? What if, to this was added, for reasons of plot steps / events, various genre types whereby the character and personalities had to cope? Behind all this sat the main purpose of the story with inherent conflict, romance, hero / heroine, protagonist, antagonist, onlookers etc.

Job advertisement on Seek. Don't you love it? Paid for training. Big opportunities to secure your future etc. Yes, and paid out of your own pocket??!

Private Advertiser - More jobs by this advertiser.

If YOU Can't Work For A Boss... You'll Love This!
If you're serious about becoming self-employed and would love the opportunity to run your own business under a license model, then this could be your big break!

You must answer YES to all 10 questions before you can apply.

1. Do you want the freedom to work your own hours?
2. Do you want to be mentored and trained by experts in their fields?
3. Do you want to be paid $1,200 p/week while you learn? (4 weeks)
4. Do you want to work from home with minimal overheads?
5. Do you want to keep all the profits and be paid upfront for your services?
6. Do you want to service clients Australia wide no matter where you live?
7. Do you want to offer a service which is easily accepted by business owners?
8. Do you have people skills or sales ability?
9. Do you love talking on the phone?
10. Do you have the finances to invest in a business model?

Our success in the market place over the last three years has allowed us to implement our licensing model as of May this year. We have already appointed six licensees across Australia and looking to secure a licensee for Hobart under the current license investment level.

If you're prepared to learn new skills and have a positive outlook on life perhaps you too can share the success as our Sydney licensee who made $8,000 in August in the first month.

If your lucky enough to be a part of this program you'll realise very quickly that you are part of something very special and will learn the 'recipe for success' in this business. Along with having the satisfaction of helping others and in return receiving support from some of the best minds in the industry.

DON'T WAIT - Submit your details today and we will contact you ASAP.

Please Note: Due to the high volume of inquiries we will only contact candidates that complete the short online questionnaire and are suitable to make an investment contribution to secure their future

Yes. I haven't rushed to apply for THAT job.

My point with all this is that we feel, or know, when someone's written work has that ring of truth. It may be based just on part truths, but it's written well enough to sound legitimate.

Other works are not so easily segregated. Depending which side of potential arguments we stand, some work's truthfulness can be swayed in our minds by our own bias.

Let's face it. Fiction is fiction. The very essence of it dictates that we are attempting to produce truth out of half truths. Can something be half true? Surely it's either true or false? Surely something is either dead or alive?

Have you noticed the examples where it wouldn't matter how convincing the writing, you wouldn't be swayed from what you've always believed, because you don't want to be.

Politics
Religion
Ethics
Culture
Football
Brandnames (Beer for instance, or Makes of car)
Writing styles
Standards of conduct

There's no doubt more.

I think though, that just now, there is an unchangeable truth that I'm 100% convinced is right.

I'm hungry. It's lunch time. I'd like a corned beef / silverside sandwich with pickles. And a coffee.

I'm not going to try to argue about this.


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827886-Writing-is-like-life-its-purpose-murky-Is-that-clear