*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828147-If-I-was-King-Prime-Minister-Dictator-or-Honourable-Elected
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#828147 added September 15, 2014 at 4:50am
Restrictions: None
If I was King, Prime Minister Dictator or Honourable Elected
I bet everyone has imagined what they'd do if they had ultimate power, total control over the world's laws, or their own country's laws.

It would surely be a long list of changes to current practice. Perhaps some things would not be wise. But I'm betting on some of them being rock solid, set in stone, universally accepted (if not approved) changes. Ok, maybe the changes wouldn't be accepted by everyone, but a lot of blokes I know would LOVE mine. *Bigsmile*

Oh yeah.



The Law of Sparky - changes to take effect immediately:

.No speed limits anywhere out of town limits. (Drive to the conditions idiot; rain- slow down, farm buildings near the road- slow down, stock near the road- slow down)
.Speed limits to suit road and situational conditions within town limits. (If you are near parked cars, bus stops, shops, schools, parks, built up areas etc, you SLOW DOWN!)
. All debts are cleared every 7 years. (This used to be a law in the Old Testament. No wonder it was phased out. Imagine to poor old suffering skinny bankers *Pthb*)
. Power bills, telephone bills, council rates and well, all utility costs including gas, water, fire, ambulance, garbage collection etc are based on cost of service only.
. No wages are paid unless production has happened for those wages. Wages are a set amount.
. Employers have to employ a person for a set time for a task.
. Tendering out contracts can only be done if itemised and each requirement is priced to include the right man-hours, and appropriate costs.
. All basic necessities for life are free but limited to each persons needs (not wants)
. Each person has a "credit" card issued with a limited "ration stamp" collection per year to prevent greedy people having it all
. For all luxuries and extras that people do WANT, a free market operates where trading can be done for free, operating on a supply and demand cost structure
. Novelists and writers of all types are considered superior beings and must be made welcome and treated with utmost respect. The odd bag of diamonds or whatever donated to us would be probably enough.
. All lawyer speak type contracts, for example, insurance contracts or bank loans, have to be in simple English where it means what it says, no ifs, no buts, no maybes, no fine print, no long winded court cases where the only winners are the lawyers.
. Politicians are elected by the most numbers wins in order of preference and can only serve for the electorate where they were voted in, and must abide by their promises made. If they can't they are sacked, and their wages removed backdated to election win.
. Unlimited chocolate supplied free to all people.
. Computers are only allowed to be used for boring tasks or painful tedious work. No computers are allowed or robots, where jobs can be done by humans. For example, warehouse work or other manual labour where humans prefer to do it and have a job. Companies are not allowed to use robots or computers just to get rid of human jobs, even if it does mean a huge reduction in lost productivity due to workers compensation and sickies.
. All coffee is free worldwide
. War and all weapons deemed illegal for every country. No radical groups that want to harm others are allowed.



(I'm not sure who would police the radical recalcitrant people if no one were allowed weapons at all. And then who polices the police? And who polices the police police? And who po...no, stop right there.)

Ok maybe none of this would work very well except the chocolate one. I can't see anyone arguing with that surely?

Oh, and I hear you shout in desperate anger.

"UNLIMITED SPEEDS? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? THINK OF THE ACCIDENTS AND AUTOMOBILE DEATHS? YOU NINCOMPOOP!"

Well, like I said. Maybe only the blokes would agree to unlimited speed. Think of the Burn outs! Think of the fun! Think of all the speeding and no police can book you. No one can say diddley squat!

Hmmm, it wouldn't be fun to speed if it's not naughty though, would it? But hang on; speeding IS FUN at any time.

Speaking of Diddley Squat, I heard today that someone said they always do lots of Diddley Squats when they exercise. Sounds like me.

Anyway, that's it for a pretty much boring pointless entry. Just too much going on here. There's lasagne to eat, the dog to pat, the heater to stoke, sleep to be done, some electrical wiring to be fitted, and some medical study / assignments to do. No time for writing. I'm lucky to even get this one lame blog entry done.

I hope it prods someone to thought anyway. That's the thing about thinking if you were in control of the land. You get carried away with the power!

POWER!! YEAHHHHH!!!

I SUPPOSE, that's what it is when we write and created new worlds for people to get absorbed into. We are all POWERFUL. ANYTHING GOES when you have that sort of power.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828147-If-I-was-King-Prime-Minister-Dictator-or-Honourable-Elected