*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831136-Candy-Filling-The-Well-Best-Traits--Technology
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#831136 added October 14, 2014 at 12:47pm
Restrictions: None
Candy, Filling The Well, Best Traits & Technology
Today's blogs....

BLOG CITY – Day 225


Prompt: Let's talk about Halloween candy. Favorite, worst, or fond memories of a particular treat - share with us.

I have a weakness for those little chocolate bars - my husband and I both like the Kit Kats and the Aeros. I try to keep some of those back when I hand out the candy. I also find, I don't buy any candy until the last minute - that way it does not get eaten beforehand and it is a little cheaper at the last minute (sometimes) and most definitely the day after.

I haven't decided if I will hand out candy this year or not. My husband and I both went out as children and we don't have children of our own. We've been handing out candy more years than we went out - combined; so I don't feel so bad if I opt out. My husband is on nights so he is not here. It is up to me. I like seeing the little costumes and the children, but... we'll see. My mother always goes out. She didn't get to do trick or treating as a child - she lived on a farm. She went out with me when I was little and I do remember handing some candy out when I was a kid - I was not a huge fan of going door to door. Most of my candy got thrown out by the time Easter rolled around.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Forty – Three


1. β€œDon't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss. Have you ever had a moment where this quote seemed particularly relevant?

I like this quote. All things, whether good or bad, are experience for the creative well. All good things come to an end and it is important to savour them and appreciate them for what they were. To always have wonderful experiences, would mean you would not appreciate them as much.

Life is ever changing. It is the ebb and flow of ups and downs. That is what keeps things so interesting. Dark times come, but they never last, there is always a passing away of those things as well. When good times come, you appreciate them more, but try and not hang on to them, that only takes away the full sweetness of the experience. Learn to let go, go with the flow and appreciate all that comes your way... for it defines you and molds your character.

3. What is one of the best traits one of your children have? If you have none, what trait would you want a child of yours to have?

I do not have children, but I do teach. Children are wonderful. If I did have one of my own I would want my child to be respectful. Respect encompasses great things - love, empathy, compassion and integrity. That is a package that makes a person great. It focuses them to be of service to others and not self centered.

How do you engender that? I believe you model it for your children and they, in turn, internalize it.

I have worked in school's where the children have no concept of respect. It makes for a miserable day of supplying because they don't listen to you and that in turn means very little learning is done. One school I was at has a rampant problem and it is not in a poor area of town. The children feel they are so entitled they refuse to see beyond themselves. It does not make for good school climate and that translates to poor citizenship. Even their regular class teachers struggle with it, so it is not just a concern with the supply teachers.

4. Do you find today's technology beyond your grasp?

I am a step behind in many things. I have technology and I love what it can do for me... but the inner workings tend to boggle my mind. I am grateful that my husband is very techno savvy. He can fix what I manage to mess up. And I can mess up plenty.

I do have a laptop and a Surface 2 (which I take to write offsite - away form home). I also have a cell phone, but I am not attached to it the way some people are. If I leave the house without it I do feel a bit off center, but it is not the end of my world.

I do use my phone more than I ever used to - I have fitness apps on it that track my walks. Cool toys.

I only really started texting in the last year or two. Before that I used to tell people not to bother as I would probably not respond back. I used it for emergencies. Now with apps like Whats Up and the BBM app for android I am connected up through texting and rarely make phone calls.

It changes you, that is for sure.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


October's Wrath


The day has turned so dark and foul
Winds do rage; they're on the prowl
Rain slashes 'cross my window pane
I shudder feeling all's in vain

Only noon, the day has grown dark
Birds have hidden across the park
Children run and all take cover
Quashed and wet they'll soon recover.

Inside I stay where warmth is found
Clothes wrapped around and all is sound
Watch and wait; looking idly
For soon the leaves will all be free.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831136-Candy-Filling-The-Well-Best-Traits--Technology