*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835055-And-When-The-Last-Guest-Leaves
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#835055 added November 28, 2014 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
And When The Last Guest Leaves...
Today's blog..

Blog City – Day 270


What happened after the last guest left? Take this in any direction you choose...

Given I am doing Nanowrimo and did not celebrate Thanksgiving - [somebody wrote somewhere that us sensible Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October. I did wish my American friends a happy and safe Thanksgiving and hope they enjoyed their wonderful meals and their family] - I am going to take this prompt and put it into my story...

Or maybe not as my story takes place in the summer when all those big holidays don't happen. It would be interesting to do a Friendsgiving in October... something to consider.

But let us try to find some focus here...

The last guest has gone and with them the noise and boisterous cacophony. Silence falls and slips into the cracks that is so peaceful it lulls me to want to nap, but the kitchen cries for attention, and although our guests helped with the worst of it, some things still need attention. I stand over the swell of dishes the need to be put away and move to get to it. I smile as the memories swirl around me, tantalizing me with their bouts of laughter and frivolity. Another successful get together. Another successful meal. Another flawless moment of memories - full of fun and joy.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835055-And-When-The-Last-Guest-Leaves