*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835095-We-Are-Shaped-By-Our-Thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#835095 added November 29, 2014 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
We Are Shaped By Our Thoughts
Today's blog....

Blog City – Day 271


Buddha said, "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves." Do you believe this is true?

I agree with the first part - we are shaped by our thoughs and we do become what we think. The rest is a bit confusing as I am not sure I would want to see joy casting a shadow that never leaves unless the sunny disposition of being joy filled acts to light your inner being... but then I would see no shadows as the light would be emanating from within not from an external source that would cast the shadows.

I believe that living in joy and being content with what we have is a choice and in that choice we are true to our feelings and our thoughts. We shimmer as a light in a dark world as God moves through us and touches the lives we interact with - drawing them in with the power of the positive and chasing the negative to the outer reaches to hide in shadows.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835095-We-Are-Shaped-By-Our-Thoughts