*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835124-Behind-the-scenes-scaffolding-and--X-ray-views-of-chewing
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#835124 added November 30, 2014 at 3:24am
Restrictions: None
Behind the scenes scaffolding, and X-ray views of chewing.
Ever wondered about who reads your blog, who reads the blog you regularly read, and if the blog writer themselves really reads back over their stuff before they throw it to the public wind, hopefully not breaking wind?

Ever wondered if the author actually watches those videos posted in their blog post?

Oh, and I must mention the uploader of this video series Makelaughnotwar. Give credit where it is due behind the stage curtain.

Have you ever not been bothered to think any of these deep, deep thoughts?

Well, I usually watch the videos I embed in the entry, to see if there's any "douche bag" moments in there that will destroy the tiny scrap of decency left to my name. (After people flinch at the missed spelling errors, and grimace at the tangled mirror image grammar gaffes).

I do burp occasionally while writing a blog. I probably spend some time crunching on Doritos (product placement right there) and enjoy a jar of HOT salsa to dip them in, or when we are out of salsa, I use a bottle of nasty chilli sauce, squirting a small amount on each corn chip. The flavour gets me about there! My wife voices her disgust at this habit, so mostly I do this when she's out doing her thing- demonstrating Tupperware.

Invalid Photo #1037682 Invalid Photo #1037683

Behind the scenes of every story are those things that happen to make it happen. People; what they say, what they do, what they have, what they eat, their purpose relevant to the story, the purpose of the story, the purpose of the author.

If all we saw, in our minds as we read the story, was the scaffolding, the workings, the machine of artifice behind the body, behind the panels, behind the meat of the work, if that is all we saw, then the impact would be gone out of the whole experience, like the air out of a punctured car tyre. We could still work through it, but that invisible but vital atmosphere would be non existent. The plot would only limp along, at best. (CUT!! And yes, that sentence back there has too many buts to be healthy. One needs replacing with "however", doesn't it? Suggestions from the support crew here would be appreciated. Hey people! Hello?? Let's get this DONE and get outa here people!)

When the behind the scenes machinations and do dads of structure ARE the story, as we see in many documentaries of this type, then a whole different way of thinking comes into play.

I once studied a course to become a qualified Assessor. Although I never finished it, one thing still sits in my memory of the theory. It was like an endless row of mirrors reflecting the scene in the one before, with myself somewhere in the middle of one. Confusion was the norm. And I found myself, an Auto Electrical trades person, sitting among secretaries, lawyers, doctors, bankers, managers, CEO's and suchlike, wondering what on earth I thought I was doing.

The assessor, the person trying to teach us, become the first tier in layer after layer of those being assessed. When you deployed the relevant paper work to support the theory behind these layers, well...although it was fairly simple, I didn't want to be doing that the rest of my life. I'd rather live life without my head spinning in spirals of dizzy puzzlement, never quite settling on an understanding, never finding anything stable each day, never able to hold on to something tangible. It was all scaffolding holding up further scaffolding, and further on more framework, more supporting structure.

Nah.

I'll leave that stuff to Simon Baker, Robin Tunney and the rest of the crew on The Mentalist. I'll stick to eating unhealthy amounts of 2 minute noodles. With chilli sauce...



"...backstory that could be pulled into a weightier situation.."



Behind the scenes of this Blog. I'm sure there are just as many people enthralled by this as the backstage of The Mentalist. Yeah Simon. Yeah.

My usual breakfast- plus some tablets. Yes, I take medication! *Spooky movie music*


Local Laundromat noticeboard, or library, and in the SM & SM's WDC video.


My desk clutter today. Yep. Hankies. Come on. This is behind the scenes folks. This is uncensored material. Unscripted. Just how it is.


Behind the couch. Just as it is right now. Nobody except you, the reader of this blog, has seen this footage.
Amazing personal life of the author uncovered.


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835124-Behind-the-scenes-scaffolding-and--X-ray-views-of-chewing