*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835239-Dignity-humiliation--the-added-MSG-of-writing
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#835239 added December 1, 2014 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Dignity, humiliation & the added MSG of writing...
If only a chilli sauce "heart foundation tick" could make junk food healthy.



Noodles. My life-stuff of writing.

There's no need to dignify that with any response.

Random Big Loud Undignified Strangeness.



On to the subject of dignity.

Now, I'm not even going to mention Ferguson, the Holocaust, invasion of Crimea and Donetsk, Chlorine and Fluoride in our water supplies, drug company funded "medical research", or the myriad other unacceptable excuses used for maltreatment of our fellow human.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/12/01/04/39/apology-follows-harsh-words-for-o...

At the moment, I can't spend much time on WDC in reading or reviewing or writing reviews for

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1958302 by Not Available.


but I was touched by

kiyasama of

GROUP
The WDC Angel Army  (ASR)
Dedicated to promoting positivity, encouragement, and support to the WDC community.
#1188309 by iKïyå§ama


and her prompting, to read something (or everything) from the following portfolios, of those who are no longer with us; these are memorialised indicated by their white portfolio case colour, and this last month of 2014 is White case month.

JudyB | Sticktalker | BlueThunder
Bandit's Mama | PETTIECOOL | Ramblin Rose
Silverindian | Spongebob Squarepants | Jaye P. Marshall
The Critic | Rixfarmgirl | E E Coder
Dave | Itchy Water~fictionandverse

I don't recall knowing any of these people, and realised that I haven't fanned any of them.

So, it seems fitting that my mind was on the subject of dignity and death- the way life sidelines the person, converting them to a number, obliged to be an obedient cog in the workings of their conception, birth, life, retirement, health, and boundaries of their status and pension plan.

Recently, I read some study materials of a module in Cert III Disability Support that listed the stages of human life.

The last one was somewhat comical in its brief, literal bluntness, but this only clarified and sharpened the outline of sobering finality. The text read something like this...

"Death. This is the final stage for humans, and is a fatal event in 100% of cases."

Perhaps this is a good time to revive my reviewing, and writing efforts that have stagnated, have suffered slackness from my blank mind in recent months of chaotic life-stuff.

How, just how, do some humans come to justify the way of thinking that allows removing another human's dignity?

How can this be? How can someone's thinking be so muddy, so distorted, so disabled, so poisoned, so stubbornly bitter, so filled with death, so emptied of any love *(God = Love) that they don't see any problem with taking away another's rights, voice, dignity, opportunity and ability to choose, freedom, self worth, and lastly, life.

Whether it is this group...

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2014/11/03/05/58/isil-extremists-have-murdered-200...

this one,

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/12/02/07/45/hundreds-wrongly-subjected-to-...

or the less obvious, and accidental...

Invalid Photo #1037700 Invalid Photo #1037701

there are many facets of life that erode or completely wash away the flame of "being" that forms such a colourful, vibrant, energetic and interactive family; we are the children of this Earth.

Do people (some) really feel that life is just dog-eat-dog, survival of the fittest, every man for himself, and destroy whatever gets in your selfish arrogant way?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/11/30/18/44/two-men-bashed-unconscious-by-...

How tough do these fellows feel, about themselves, using brute force to display their domination of another? Are they really so deluded to believe they have any genuine victory? Are they aware at all that the real victory will never be theirs, being unable to think things through, much less use any self discipline or control over their own actions?

Perhaps this is soap-box lecture day for me, and I'm well aware it's like whispering in a cyclone, and expecting someone across Bass Strait to hear it and change their attitude, but here's the thing.

I'm going to put these thoughts in writing.

I was once advised by another manager, where I worked, to always put things in writing, if you expect any change to take place. This writing tactic ensures that the reader of it takes on the accountability of what you've said.

Yes, what humans say is very important; I believe we will one day be held to account for even the most frivolous, idle words we have uttered.

Mathew 12:36
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

And where, oh where, have people's basic instinct towards our fellow humans, that feeling of brotherhood and care, where has that disappeared, when folks think it's ok to abuse someone, betray them, harm them, hate them?

And do all this in the name of their religion? Justify doing this by some "idea" they cling to, some reason that their whole lack of love rests upon.

Is it a profitable pursuit to lack this kind regard for others in our writing?
Do we serve any god except ourselves? Is writing our god, now?

Whatever we place of first importance in our lives, whatever we drop everything for, day after day, and automatically make first priority, THAT is the god we serve.
Don't think so?

Well who commands us to obey? Who tells us to rush to do whatever, who brings a compelling influence that we can't resist, and makes laws in our minds that we cannot ignore? THAT is the god over us.

Pity help us if whatever we make our god contains no love at all, is dead, and unresponsive.

I'm the same as anyone else. Life intrudes. Things happen. Mistakes are made. Ignorance and laziness and depression and ill health visit. People.
Stupid happens. Don't want to do it happens. Fate intrudes. 2 minute noodles sneak into my thoughts at regular guilty intervals.

And yes. I'm guilty of it all.

But as I sit here, feeling the chair beneath me, hearing someones intrusively loud YouTube video in the online centre here, and tap away at the keyboard, there's one thing I know for sure.

The god I want to know for certain, to get to know better, and to have within me, and to be full of until I run over, is the one that makes us love others. The one who builds something within my heart like a knee-jerk reaction; this automatic response to another human's need.

That god. God. The one who is alive. The one who influences even my writing here on WDC. That one who keeps his promises, and isn't falsely polite.

We know where we stand with this god. If it doesn't suit us, we can choose not to believe.

We remain free to choose what our purpose is in life.

We can choose to destroy and humiliate others, and be deluded thinking we are ok doing it, that we are a big tough justified MAN.

1 John 4:7-10 (KJV)
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for *God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.


What direction will our writing move today? Will what we write allow the characters, the reader, ourselves and whoever (if any) we believe in, to have that which separates us from the pit of darkness, death and desolation?

Dignity?

The hinge for all of this is peace. As justified as wars often seem to be, I suppose that is what brings about war in the first place- lack of people treating others with respect, and preserving human dignity.

Its popular to blame God for things in life that are bad. Each to their own opinion.
If things in life are unjustifiably bad, then its not God's purpose behind it.

We can choose dignity, or we can choose humiliation. We can choose to write to preserve dignity, or write to remove it or dilute it.

But there is no human dignity present without love.

https://twitter.com/sparkyvacdr/status/539028794313420800


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835239-Dignity-humiliation--the-added-MSG-of-writing