*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836113-Chapter-18-EPILOGUE
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2021930
The battle between Muslim vampire hunters and Volpone, the vampire
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#836113 added December 13, 2014 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 18: EPILOGUE
Final Scene

Lights up

On stage is Astarte, Adab and Aamil. Astarte is pregnant.

Astarte wears a hijab and so does Adab.

Adab( To Astarte and Aamil): it's been what? Five years since the battle?

Adab picks up a piece of a broken sword.

Adab: Still bits and pieces about.

Aamil( To Adab): You've changed a lot sister.

Adab( To Aamil): yes, after the battle I became a better Muslimah and went back to wearing hijab and reading the Quran and praying five times a day. I'm a teacher now.

Aamil( To Adab): That's great.

Adab( To Astarte): Listen sister, you don't need to feel any guilt. When you converted your sins went away and you had a fresh start.

Astarte( To Adab): I know but I still feel bad about it all.

Aamil( To Astarte):This is your new life. New life as a muslimah and my wife and mother of my child.

Aamil places his hand on Astarte's belly.

Astarte(To Aamil): He or she was kicking about this morning.

Aamil: That is good, may Allah give us a healthy child Ameen.

Adab and Astarte( at same time): Ameen.

Adab( To Astarte and Aamil): I think about my friends and grandfather nearly every day. On judgement day I have an ambition to see them again in sha Allah.

Aamil( To Adab): yes in sha Allah

Astarte( To Aamil): you asked me last month again what I would like to change my name to after I married you. Since marrying you last year I've been thinking. I can't keep my name since it is devilish so I've decided on a name.

Adab( To Astarte): What is it sister?

Aamil( To Astarte): What is it darling?

Lights down

Astarte's voice: The name I have chosen for myself is Khadijah. I am Khadijah daughter of Volpone. May Allah help me become the best Muslimah that I can be. Ameen

THE END
© Copyright 2014 akakapo (UN: akakapo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
akakapo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836113-Chapter-18-EPILOGUE