*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837866-You-had-the-key-to-salvation-but-you-chose
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#837866 added January 5, 2015 at 1:24am
Restrictions: None
You had the key to salvation, but you chose...
Sometimes situations switch meaning and consequence depending on how they are presented. As writers, we bear a responsibility for making the world a better place. Don't we?

Will how we present the ideas we write about have any influence on people, really? (Film clips by www.darkheartproductions.com)



Personally, I don't believe in purgatory. I believe that this sort of decision is made now, as we live our lives, today. However, I have no way of knowing in detail what happens after we die, but I do know there'll be no excuses and no explaining ourselves. We can't expect some sort of filter or safety mechanism. To me, the idea of purgatory just makes excuses, or is meant to be some sort of short cut to get to heaven, or to be approved by God. Well, that's not how I read it.

And I do know, or feel for certain, that every time I think I have it all worked out, know all the angles in life, have things nailed down, I find some of my ideas are redundant, and what I thought was set in concrete, isn't that way now.



This is the first web log entry of 2015, and I've just returned from a week away, enjoying an annual break that I can't even begin to describe. I couldn't explain how it was if I was the best writer ever.
Some things are like that aren't they? Younger folks might disagree, but I think as you get some years behind you, you accept better that there are experiences that cannot be described. There are no words, no amount of talking that conveys your feelings, your reactions. The experience was "you had to be there".

Ever tried explaining colours to a person who cannot see them? How do you explain monetary limits to someone who just wants the food? What if they demand an energy drink, but their health condition doesn't allow them to have it?

How do you explain how good it feels to be rushing headlong into a new year, with goals, changes, improvements, and reassurance that you can do it? You can have a top year. You can do those things that you failed last year. You can fix the problems. You can make another attempt at something you've been unsuccessful every year so far.

You just can't write about it. Some things have to be experienced by the people themselves.

But then, wait. To have experiences like this, people have to DO stuff. They have to be ALIVE.

So, that must mean that they ARE still writing about it. It's just that the writing is lived. To read these sort of books you have to live the story yourself.

What if we saw everyone's living story with our own eyes? What if we saw things how they really are, for other people? What would we do? How would we react?

What if we could do things again? Have another go at all those things we regret?
What if we had some hours to know how the others really felt about things, how our worst enemy really felt, how they made those blunders, how they forgave our judgement, when we assumed they were enemies from appearances.

Sadly, this next clip is just wishful thinking. Don't be deceived. We can't turn time back, or right the wrongs of the past by ourselves.
Perhaps it's better we can't write clearly and communicate strongly and accurately about everything in life. Imagine the grief.



No, we can't see other folks experiences, or write properly even about our own.

But we can tell people we love them. We can open a door for some elderly people. We can stop ourselves from saying those things that might bring us a couple of seconds of gleeful satisfaction, in the vengeful moment, yet destroy someone's confidence in the long term. We can choose to believe in someone, or in things, we cannot see. We can choose to have faith. We can choose to act on that faith.

Some things remain a mystery and ever will be. The rest is reality.

As real as an empty coffee mug.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837866-You-had-the-key-to-salvation-but-you-chose