*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837970-Dont-stop-to-think-breath-or-plan-RUNRUN-FOR-YOUR-LIFE
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#837970 added January 6, 2015 at 7:30am
Restrictions: None
Don't stop to think, breath or plan. RUN...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
Remember that time there was such a dramatic emergency in your life that you had nightmares for years? Do you recall how little time there was to think, hardly time to say something? All you could manage were a few breathless panicked cries, probably shouted over your shoulder in the general direction of loved ones.

Wasn't even time for that? It was a situation so fast and terrifying your hearing failed; the moments slowed down into a shell shocked silence lasting until you remembered to breathe.

Maybe you haven't experienced this. Don't feel inferior. You probably still have those stress-removed extra 10 years to live that the heart stopping victims don't. You won't have as many grey hairs, wrinkles, and inexplicable bouts of anger or anxiety.

These sorts of incidents can be of great help in writing. And they can be over used in emotionally charged blog entries. Are these instances of cheap journalism, taking advantage of disasters where people clamour greedily for the latest news, so they can be the first to tell their peers? Are we really that macabre, as human beings? Do we write trash and do people seek to read gory details of whatever?

I like to think that most people turn away from this, if given the time to think it through. Perhaps we can all be tempted by mob hysteria, to sight see at accidents, to click on that video showing "actual footage of the stabbing taking place" etc.

Yes, I suppose I'll have to admit I'm no different if this situation is thrust in my face. Perhaps as we live through more of the school of hard knocks we become better equipped to absorb these instant paced events a little, before we react with embarrassing animalistic traits. (I may be insulting the animal kingdom here *Smile*).

However.

Other newsworthy events should be talked about I think. Such as this.




Picture: Mark Brake Source: News Corp Australia

http://www.news.com.au/national/bushfire-crisis-across-south-australia-victoria-...

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/01/06/11/24/parched-koala-drinks-from-mans...



Another newsworthy topic that seemed to mesh with catastrophic fires is 3D Printing. There are some fascinating groups on the internet, specifically on Twitter with very up to the minute coverage of this world changing sensation.

http://3dprint.com

http://3dprint.com/34873/3d-printed-lawn-mower/

http://3dprint.com/34513/sodastream-bottle-cap-keeper/

Here's a quick story idea that I claim to be mine, and mine alone, all you budding plot botherers *Wink*

Circa 2300 AD, or, ok perhaps 2019 would be entirely possible the way technology is flying along; The USA and Russia team with a minority, yet pivotal new independent Global Powerbroker- Ukraine, to send a special newly developed spacecraft to rendezvous with Comet #xYZ.

Recent Techno upgrades in research have made possible a crude form of space / time matrix tunneling, but only objective materials can be moved through the vast distances to other universes instantaneously. Nothing living survives; they've tried and "it weren't pretty man". The time wormhole does hold the feature of instant communication in virtual real time, enabling constant radio-wave contact.

They discover a new inhabitable planet that is massive in scale, and once settled will be an instant paradise for humans. A thousand Earths could fit on one of its tectonic land masses, and the weather / other specs are idyllic.

Enter 3D Printing, that has advanced to the stage of printing functioning organs using local cellular material, and finally entire bodies of animals, and humans. Animals and plants thrive. Problem is, when the human type are stimulated, into breathing, living entities, there is a fatal flaw.

They don't possess souls, and only live for a few minutes. No solution can be found for this perplexing and frustrating dilemma until an enterprising "netfreak" discovers how to transfer a human soul through the time warp. Once installed, they succeed in bringing to life a pseudo human. The soul is the key, and the original owner's memories and personality transferred to the new "body", many millions of parsecs distant in space time.
To supply souls, they are stolen from existing people on Earth...

Thus begins the terrifying era of

THE SOUL MERCHANTS

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837970-Dont-stop-to-think-breath-or-plan-RUNRUN-FOR-YOUR-LIFE