*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839705-It-seemed-like-a-good-idea-One-time-Prompt-and-ceremony
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#839705 added January 28, 2015 at 8:16am
Restrictions: None
It seemed like a good idea. One time. Prompt and ceremony.
Have you done some ridiculously weird things in your life, all in the name of avoiding mass boredom to the present company, and yet the whole lot fell flat, and yep? Back when you lived among the gum trees.



And there was the day you said you'd write a book. But half way through it all ground to an embarrassing halt when you couldn't think. Your idea tank was empty, and not even common sense could plug the leak.

If you sat staring at a stark stationary screen, scrupulously sanitary, with scant supply of script or scribble, then here's a solid section of socially unacceptable and probably silly suggestions to stimulate the stenographer's seer salivation.
It seemed like a good idea. At the time.

Some writing / thought booster cables plugged into an Australian nitwit's sense of humour and droll dry drivel drummed up down the drains of alliteration alligators. Crock pots full of crocodiliac craziness. (crocodiliac = crocodile according to my BIL)

Try looking up archives on different web sites such as newspapers.

Surf ebay in different countries, and if you can handle copy and paste, plus www.translate.google.com, stick some of the descriptions of the items into that to see what their language translates to, and you may have just the material for a story.

Here's one that yes, is Australian, but it made me wonder what the story behind the story was with this item.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lister-Diesel-Generator-/251809270840?pt=AU_Hardware&...



"It was here when we bought the property..."

Read the comments on Facebook pages or Twitter that you don't normally peruse.

It's amazing too what you can learn if you get the guts to front up to someone in the street. I did this the other day. Yes! Timid me. Seriously, some days I find even talking to someone a very hard thing to do, let alone ask permission to film and photograph their ex military motorcycle. This example thought was so lovely, untouched, original and genuinely retro, that I was wondering how I'd get away with knocking him down and taking it *Wink*.



During the day, stop and make yourself listen to the sounds around you. If you are hearing challenged, then observe instead. The main thing is to think!

Listen to some of another country's popular old time singers. Listen to your country's efforts at being multi cultural. Sometimes it's hilariously silly, and will probably be considered terrible in a few years. But it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Are YOU fair dinkum?
www.dictionary.com:
fair dinkum
adjective phrase
Honest; fair and just •Still chiefly Australian use (1894+ Australian)




A bit of language (more than normal) in these ones.

I'm stuffed if I know. (But I think maybe John Williamson got the inspiration for this song from his Dad. It's probably what his Dad said to him...guitar etc).



Lawn Mower Song


Bush Barber
http://youtu.be/QvpzonowQ58

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839705-It-seemed-like-a-good-idea-One-time-Prompt-and-ceremony