*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839522-Open-up-the-door-of-a-NEW-entry-Add-an-entry-Ok-ENTRY
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#839522 added January 25, 2015 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
Open up the door of a NEW entry. Add an entry? Ok. ENTRY!
What day is it? What door have we opened this morning, when we awoke in this big land down under?

Do you know the first thing about Australia? Really? You do?

GOOD ON YA MATE, then. And just so you know, we don't all walk around saying G'day every few seconds. Most people don't even say G'day now, these days. It's more like hi, hello, how yuz goin', or just a nod and grin. If you don't know each other it's most probably just a glance and a quick up n down of the eyebrows. Well, that's what I do. I don't go around studying what other blokes do. What do you take me for? A surveillance officer bloke whozywhatsy? Next thing I'd be had up for something. Sued for staring. Told off for tailing. Remonstrated with for w**kerishness. And rightly so. Leave people alone unless it's earli in the morning and you're a drunken sailor.

Yep it's Australia Day today. Whatever that means. We all strut around like emus feeling all patriotic and that. People stick cheap one use flags in their car windows and jam it shut on the plastic tag thing. Then they drive down the deserted street where all the shops are closed except the big greedy supermarkets and the fast food outlets. Don't bother buying Dave's Noodles either. They's shut too.

So its anthem day, and I suppose we do have a bit of a think about our lucky land - what's not foreign owned, and what's not over controlled by air headed politicians and minority groups. We are no different from your land, wherever you live in the world. But we are lucky enough not to have wars. Yet. We are lucky enough not to have a bully next door who lies to the whole world, and attacks in the night like a coward. Yes. We are lucky not to have him, but then again, being within nuclear strike distance, I wonder what country in the world is lucky, and isn't immune from that silly little boy who thinks he's a man, yet can't be humble and admit he's wrong. Anyway, that's a bit of personal opinion hijacking this cheery blog about Australia Day.

In ALL seriousness, I was never so proud to embed a video in this blog on Writing Dot Com. *sweeps arm out and bows*.

May I present to you the standard Version of...

Advance Australia Fair



And the Jimmy Barnes version



And so, I return out the ENTRY where I came in, until next Australia Day.

*Countryau* *Cry* *Bigsmile*

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839522-Open-up-the-door-of-a-NEW-entry-Add-an-entry-Ok-ENTRY