*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839943-Big-un-that-got-away-All-about-that-bait-bout-that-bait
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#839943 added January 31, 2015 at 2:15am
Restrictions: None
Big 'un that got away. All about that bait, 'bout that bait.
Sometimes we just miss the big one. It could be missing out on a mouthwatering, family sized fish that we somehow let off the hook in a moment of anxious shouting, struggling limbs, pitching boat and dog-barking excitement.



or one we don't miss...



Supplied: Newcastle and Hunter Animal Control

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-02/snake-wrangler-catches-massive-red-bellied...

It could be an item we've desired to own for many a year, and hear, or see it sold at a sale for almost nothing, the bargain of the century, but knocked down to someone else. Or noticed by your brother and snapped up because he attends every sale, every time.

Invalid Photo #1038351

http://www.minelab.com/products/consumer/product-archive/xt-17000

Local building sold at auction at basement price, before the property boom here, a few years ago.



Then there's that insult that someone else managed to make hilariously funny, but if you did it people would blanche, shake their head while not looking at you, and do the tsk tsk thing with their teeth, in disgust.



But the main one is of course, that stoopid grammar you forgot until you've hit the enter key, on a public site frequented by frillions of people.

Description on an advertisement for a motorbike on eBay Australia.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-XR250-1999-model-Not-running-suit-project-/3216...

"I wouldn't have bought it when i did if i didn't. Please email me with questions. Payment is by bank deposit or COP. thanks" etc.

Invalid Photo #1038361

And finally, words that should exist that don't. We feel them happen, we say them as a blended together coagulation of different otherlanguage stolens. Yes. STOLENS. I rest my caseness.



Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839943-Big-un-that-got-away-All-about-that-bait-bout-that-bait