*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840891-Asimov-warned-wed-be-invaded-conquered-and-dominated-by
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#840891 added February 9, 2015 at 9:19am
Restrictions: None
Asimov warned we'd be invaded, conquered and dominated by...


The DYSONATORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Or is it the HOOVOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR.

Maybe it'll be the ROBOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUCKORRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Yes, we knew this day would come, but I never thought it would happen in my lifetime.



The first attack on a human by a robot.

The three laws of robotics- Isaac Asimov himself tried to pre=emptify our domestic defence frontier, the shag, the loop, the westminster, the felt, the fibre squares, the cheap, the hexxy, the hardwood, the polished concrete; all will now go down in history as the battle ground between organic bipedal ground dwellers (humans) of Tera Suka Develupa, and the machinateon factorus invaders. He tried to warn us this day would come. He valiantly threw us an electrical flex life line of foresight.

http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html

1 A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2 A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3 A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Well, sucked in!



In the comments under Daft Punks effort is this gem

"are we sure daft punk aren't actual robots?"

Someone has been attacked by their robot! This is outrageous.

"A robot vacuum tried to EAT IT'S OWNERS HEAD!"

Invalid Photo #1038471

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/robot-vacuum-attack/?tw=dd

This article reminded me of the first item I ever uploaded to WDC. I thought it was a very average story, and still do, but I was surprised how many people took it seriously, and gave me excellent and gentle feedback on my writing.

For some reason that I've forgotten, I joined WDC in February 2007, but it took me until some time in August the same year to add anything to my portfolio.

I had made an attempt at writing a novel, the framework of it I still have tucked away somewhere, pencil on notepad, some pen and lots of photocopies of information that is now yellow, dog eared and mixed up in a plastic crate.

So, this piece below was in the beginning, and I can still relate to how people feel about making public for the first time, something they've written.

No matter how frivolous or scrappy we may think our work is, others on this site will be there to pay attention, read it, comment on it and be ready to help if needed.

That's quite an achievement by all the folks here, and for free or very little cost.

So here it is. Sometimes I wonder what the ending would be, or if I had something in mind to finish it off properly. We'll never know.

 
STATIC
Just not my day  (13+)
Disaster while you wait
#1305230 by Sparky


And here is the shop we opened, operated for 3 years, and then closed due to high rent, and other factors that prevented us continuing business. Let's just say, we weren't supported by major companies, had to compete with cheap imports, and were undercut by our suppliers who were selling the same products on ebay for less than we could buy them.



With friends like these, who needs technologic enemies?

Who needs attacks by robots armed with pricing guns, dominating our human markets with their cash register hostility, and nuked by the lunch room microwave, boiled by the kettle, toasted by the toaster, and annoyed by mobile phones going flat.
That's not to mention all these gadgets' allies such as defective EFT Point Of Sale devices, and power tools deliberately trying to be faulty.

You couldn't test and tag them unless you kept an eye out over your shoulder, being aware of the hostile and stealthy FAX of life.

Watch out. Don't say you weren't warned. Keyboards. Monitors. Heck, even iPhone charger cords. All deadly and just waiting to overcome us humans.

I'm even suspicious of the good old traditional lead pencil. Yeah. I'm onto you HB. Back off. Keep your distance. Lead poisoning is coming...

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840891-Asimov-warned-wed-be-invaded-conquered-and-dominated-by