*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842697-Stuff-Because-tired
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#842697 added February 27, 2015 at 7:29am
Restrictions: None
Stuff. Because tired.
Fascinating links.

Is one of your story's characters Bipolar?
http://author-zone.com/one-storys-characters-bipolar/

Where a lot of book promotion can happen - free! (most)
http://author-zone.com/resources-writers/promote-books/

For Sale stuff

Still Available:
Maternity Hospital (empty and asbestos free)



Pub is sold. You missed out.



Other stuff on offer...A jewel of Chirnside Park, Melbourne Australia



Take it from me. Don't bid on this car.



Or this "gavity" slider (cavity)



I'll say it again. Why do scammers have terrible writing skills? Don't they believe in editing?



http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/invention.html



Stuff that happens, and causes something else to happen.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/middle-finger-salute-anger/story-e6frf...



******


This story beginning idea came into my head this morning while driving to work. Here, in Tasmania, like other places, people try to sell their vehicles where the public traffic will be highest.


26th Feb 2015
If you think about it, a vehicle on the side of the road with for sale on it, and an inflated price could sit there for a long time unnoticed, just ignored, especially if this vehicle was parked deliberately in a visible but inaccessible location.
What sparked this idea was a vehicle on someone's property close to the highway, yet completely cut off from any practical access by noise deflecting fences and high vegetation, plus a low cliff face.
I wondered why the vehicle was parked there like that, but that doesn't matter.
What if someone wanted so badly to get revenge on another person, that they did everything in their power to frame that person for their murder. Then they kill themselves and all the circumstances thrust all evidential blame on their enemy.
What if both people, the suicidal guy, and his enemy, were in the forensic fields, and that's where the enmity arose.
Let's call suicidal self murdering guy Gary. The other guy who Gary frames we'll call Fred.
Fred is an expert but somewhat arrogant. Gary is basically a failure and has to compensate for this by thinking up malicious "pranks" that cause anonymous grief to others he detests. (Successful, attractive, pleasant people).
So, Gary prepares a lot of different strategies and tactics so that when he does finally kill himself, by various cunning tricks, and forensic "non-return" puzzles such as melting ice etc, all the evidence left behind pins his "murder" directly on his enemy, Fred.
Fred, being the forensic guy in charge of local cases is assigned, but very soon discovers that he is pitted against a monster, yet cannot prove it or wriggle out of the appearance of guilt.

A couple of details came to mind, for example. He rigs it so that somehow he dies by the appearance of being shot at close quarters, yet there is no gun, only an ice bullet that melts. Gary uses a projectile from a round that he fired through Fred's rifle, returning the rifle to it's owner, and then embeds the projectile by other means in the vehicle giving the appearance that Fred fired it through his head. Then he uses some other means such as an ice barrel? compressed air from a tyre? to fire an ice bullet into his own skull, while he's already tied himself inside a large garbage bag. He dies as planned, and now all the real evidence for cause of death is gone. The only evidence remaining frames Fred for the murder.
Not sure how it ends.

******


27th Feb 2015
Ok, now, this is very strange. ON the way to work this morning, I had an encounter, of the police type, about the EXACT SAME LOCATION as I saw the vehicle in someone's paddock yesterday. The policemen's placement, thankfully, was across the tension-cable divider on the 4 lane highway (That's a biiiiiiiig highway in Tasmania *flexes biceps while looking tuff* ) and he was out of his police vehicle with it's sparkly blue and red flashing lights, except they weren't flashing, and he's climbing laboriously up a grassy embankment. I could see why. What looked like either a body, or a large long bag of rubbish, was lying to the right of a tree about the size of a large leafy orange tree. By the time I glanced across I was past, but on arriving at Burnie, the town where my work place was for today, I saw an ambulance screaming along the highway back the way I had come. Coincidence? I'll keep a watch on the papers.

Strange how my idea for a story gelled a little like reality. Spooky.

Stuff that happens, and causes something else to happen.

 
STATIC
The Influence Gene Blurb & Synopsis  (13+)
What the title says.
#2032296 by Sparky


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842697-Stuff-Because-tired