*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842994-Once-upon-a-time-we-dont-know-if-they-lived-HEA
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#842994 added March 2, 2015 at 12:14am
Restrictions: None
Once upon a time, we don't know if they lived HEA.
Sometimes there's a story just waiting to be told. A horror story.

And there's a reason we know it's that genre.

Because we want to know! It's intriguing and curiosity is an itch that thought makes worse. An over active imagination is sometimes not the best thing to possess...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Coachmen-Motor-Home-Class-A-Runs-and-Drives-Great-/...

Yes, "runs and drives great", but what about the fire, in the bedroom no less?

A man, for whom I used to repair car detailing equipment, told me one of his clients is the Police. They have his number if one of their patrol cars needs a special clean. A specialised clean.

Yes, just like in the movie. It may not be as dramatic; maybe just a couple of drunks, with malee injuries, who made a mess on the seats.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896798/

Then there was another bloke in Sydney who heard of a car sitting in the Police yard that had been "dirtied". Someone had done himself in, and the mess was on the ceiling of said car- on the roof lining.
So the guy I know, who had no problem replacing some cosmetic interior bits and giving the car a good "clean", bought it for next to nothing.

A morbid subject.

Another one I've stumbled upon on Youtube that others probably knew was there all along, as usual, is the collections of Forensic films of autopsies. People actually COLLECT these?

Then there are the media hyped incidents that make places sound so dangerous, infested, and unwelcoming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975142/Snake-vs-spider-smackdown-moment...

And what about the "strange incidents and sounds world wide" that seems to be compiled especially to panic folks into thinking the end of the world is nigh. As if anyone needed any prompting to think about this. (Hello? World powers ready to invade and kill folks next door, who are most likely their own people / relatives anyway, and ready to fling nuclear missiles across the earth.)

http://allnewspipeline.com/2015_Chaos_Coming_Strange_Events.php

Today, I spoke to my son about this. I've spoke to my wife last week. It's something we haven't talked about before, and she didn't want to talk about it now.

A nuclear exchange, or some other global catastrophe. It could come. And it could be any day. In movies, and in nerd kingdom, and in novelists minds perhaps, is this assumption that whatever happens, nobody will be alive, or only a few people.

Maybe billions will be alive, but wish they weren't. While I'm not a doomsdayer or extremist, or radical environmentalist, I do feel it's perhaps something we haven't really prepared our children to face.

Maybe we scoff too quickly.

"Aeroplanes? Pfftt!"

Son, humans will never fly. If God meant for us to fly he'd have given us wings.

Yes. What would you do? What will we do, more like.



But it's all material. That's the clincher. Gross? Scary?

No, for a novelist this is all gold.

******


I just noticed this headline. Honestly, I hadn't seen it before writing this blog. Now I feel...uncomfortable. There's nothing funny about being right about this.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/26466076/north-korean-leader-tells-army-prepar...

 
STATIC
World War 3  (E)
Newbie poetry lesson, Ottava Rima, 8 lines, 10 syllables, rhyming pattern:a-b-a-b-a-b-c-c
#1927895 by Sparky


Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842994-Once-upon-a-time-we-dont-know-if-they-lived-HEA