*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843720-Up-in-the-dark
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#843720 added March 10, 2015 at 7:17am
Restrictions: None
Up in the dark....
It is so dark when I get up now. If I didn't hurt so much, I'd go back to bed. The arthritis, or whatever it is, is still with me, stiff, sore, and painful all over. I've started taking Aleve. I went to the doctor and had blood work done, but the only thing out of the ordinary was my sed rate. It was 94 which indicates inflammation, a symptom caused by many different things. My next appointment is not until the 30th. I'm learning to live with it as long as life goes on. I am understanding more and more how my Jim must have felt.

Other than being a little slower, I am doing most of what I usually do. I finally got up the muster to cut my grass on Sunday with the riding mower, even trimmed with the push mower. I thought the push mower needed a new air filter so I went to Home Depot and got that, but even after I installed it, the little red rubber push button didn't sound like it was pushing any gas into the carburetor. A light bulb went off and I loosened the gas cap. Voila, it worked...so the gas cap vents must be plugged. Anyway, the mower started and I'm not asking questions *Smile*. Pulling the cord to start it took some doing, and the ride on the mower was very painful on my hips. Exercise does not seem to help or hinder.

We now have a sidewalk all the way on the street that passes in front of my development, but I have yet to use it. Soon, I hope. It will allow me to go next door to the golf course without walking on the road and is the opposite direction from which I usually take my walk. Maybe today.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2015 An apple a day.... (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
An apple a day.... has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843720-Up-in-the-dark