*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845026-For-Sale--House-Perfect-for-writers-Cheap-peace--quiet
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#845026 added March 27, 2015 at 1:48am
Restrictions: None
For Sale- House. Perfect for writers. Cheap peace & quiet...
I've been known to have stuff for sale before, in this bunch of blog entries.

This house though, is a serious proposal. You know you want somewhere out of the rat race, where people won't disturb you, where you can walk down the street and no one knows your name. Anonymity goes with Authorship when you are soaking in your special world created in your head.

You don't want to talk to people. You want silence. You want nobody. You want to be friendless at this time of focus.

You are moving around in a 3D land of thought, where you must juggle everything at once so as to rope it all together; link and flow do matter when readers read. They will find that weak spot so you better find it first. For this left-alone time, consider a house like this one. This one!

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-cowra-119425683

Moving on - There's no need to worry about the asteroid, so I'm told. Itll pass 11 times the distance to the moon away from Earth

If you want to panic, click here...http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/566159/NASA-alert-asteroid-2014-YB35-near-h...

If you are a cynic and don't want to panic, click this one...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/26/asteroid-fly-by-earth-2014-yb35_n_69495...

Both sites seem to be packed with weird and wonderful adverts and links to oddball news events, such as 15 foods to do whatever, and "women you won't believe exist" etc. Can we really believe, and be reassured, by news matter from these sites?

An asteroid travelling at a reputed 37,000 kilometres per hour would have, I imagine, a massive breeze as it passes, even if it is a long way off. If you stand on a train station near the platform edge there's a huge gust. (Is wind possible in a vacuum?)

As a few of us discussed this potential ending of all life on earth incident, a suggestion was made that if we wanted internet fame, and of course the riches that would inevitably follow (or global derision) all we'd have to do would be to make a cardboard picket sign with large letters, screaming out the news of imminent impact of said asteroid 2014 YB35. Film the chaos that would follow this ridiculous idea, and upload straight to YouTube.

A loud announcement of imminent doom in each crowded coffee shop would also produce interest and perhaps noteworthy reactions, one of which might be to get arrested for nuisance causing and ruining people's coffee experience.

We didn't want to do that to people, so the idea was immediately and soberly scrapped. We disposed of it thoughtfully.

Another snippet I saw just now on FB.

Sometimes you feel these things must be a hoax. Asteroids? Cheap solar powered "satellite planes"? Check out Mark's post about these designed to deliver cheap internet to those isolated by geography or political budgets, so they too can get Facebook and eBay.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck?fref=ts

The Facebook developers conference. You know your writing would get exposure here. Even comments about stupidity fetch up lots of likes if it's on Mark Zuckerberg's posts.

https://fbf8.com/

I want to draw the attention of the world to more important and potentially world changing news. Did you know - were you fully aware - before today that there is a site to buy Tupperware spare parts? Those bits and pieces that go missing or the one part of a set that someone threw in the recycle by mistake, or those small dooverlackys that the kids poked into the ducted vacuum inlet, to be sucked away forever?

Well, don't be sad. There is comfort in knowing that the most obscure item is only a few clicks away.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/371127732980599/817349911691710/?notif_t=group_a...

So, there is this thing with reading, where we aren't silent in our head. There is this voice speaking, as we read.

http://scicurious.scientopia.org/2013/01/23/silent-reading-isnt-so-silent-at-lea...

As I said, there are times when we really want silence. We can buy a house to get away from everyone. We can decide not to bring the wrath of our local city's populace down on our heads with some sort of apocalypse warning run, complete with picket sign and tolling bell.

Well, as far as silence goes, writing, is one of those times. I'm not sure on reading, although my wife seems to have a built in radar when I'm trying to complete a blog entry, or intently watch Good Mythical Morning on the Youey. But there's another time when silence is golden. Silence is preferable, definitely.

Chewing.



But that's just me. If, on the other hand, you enjoy lots of noise while plotting and poetrying, then by all means, here's a trove of stuff to listen to while toying with your novels toggle switches and do dads.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=people+with+their+mouths+open

For those who truly do like quietness to write, I'll help you out right now, by shutting up. If I stop writing, and you stop reading this, then that'll be one less voice in your head.

Now you just have to work out how to shut up the other ones.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845026-For-Sale--House-Perfect-for-writers-Cheap-peace--quiet