*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845257-There-is-nothing-so-calming-as-a-tyre-screeching-handbrakey
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#845257 added March 30, 2015 at 8:35am
Restrictions: None
There is nothing so calming as a tyre screeching handbrakey.
Warning. There is a link to something for sale in this blog entry, something that is highly desirable...



So. You aren't into technology, and are definitely not a computer gamer. You don't feel you need, as a writer, to worry or be up to date with these activities. Maybe.

But, when the bottom line of technology means changes, with how we live and do things in life, and more to the point, involves billions of dollars, yes, billion$, then what?

And while discussing the topic of stuff we'd rather ignore, and thrust out of our mind as rot, rubbish and utter nonsense, the world of spiritualism, ghosts and animal whisperers falls straight into that category, I believe.

You can't throw out what you feel is rubbish and hit the bin, unless you move the bin under the rubbish.



Also contained in this interesting bunch of "inventshuns"



If you look at all the links and videos I've listed in this blog, then I congratulate you, and put this challenge to you, that there is no way you couldn't now have some ideas for a story / novel / poem / song...

Yes, there's a dump truck load, to demonstrate the speed and complexity with which life is happening. How do we take in the overload? How do we get enough time and energy to convert even a droplet or grain of it into something people want to read? How do we manage to enjoy it ourselves, without our own personal melt down, our own screaming, foetal position, thumb sucking, soiling our pants breakdown?

http://www.qnergy.com/solar-stirling-engine-

http://www.makepolo.com/products/800w-solar-steam-generator-p105495697.html

http://solarcellcentral.com/csp_page.html

Be calm! Stop! Settle down you novelists! Halt! Woah! Shoosh. It's ok. There's plenty of time, so no need to panic much. Everything will be all right. Take this Russian bloke for example. He knows that calmness is next to author-ness.



http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/03/27/13/38/police-condemn-vicious-fist-fi...

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/rocky-ambulance-supervisor-uses-initia...

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/queensland-premier-annastacia-palaszczuk...

Fires suppressed using only SOUND? wHAT? I MEAN What?

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/03/29/14/57/us-students-douse-flames-using-on...

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/03/28/12/06/stray-dogs-turn-up-at-funeral-of-...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3016794/Jamie-Oliver-weighs-Paleo-d...

League of Legends - the numbers, the participation, the money involved; it's staggering.



http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/07/14/the-u-s-now-recognizes-esports...

Brussels cyclists melt down over ridiculous dedicated tracks.



http://www.9news.com.au/technology/2015/03/30/10/17/volvos-invisible-spray-paint...

How do we make sense of this compulsory life in the fast lane era we were born into, and realise that it's only going to get worse.

When I began this list a couple of days ago, as I always do for blog entries, I could see it would be a struggle to pin down a singular blog subject. What if we go gold panning? What if we find more than a bonanza? What if the whole mountain is gold? What if everything that gold touches turns to the same precious metal, and we realise we are not just gold fevered, but gold gorged. It's too much. Then, to top it all off, to push us right over the edge, to go too far, besides Jeremy Clarkson's sacking (He didn't like Holdens and thought the Commodore was overrated so no loss) there is this...



http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Custom-Hot-Rod-1952/SSE-AD-3230615/?C...

Last Modified 26/03/2015
Vehicle 1952 Custom Hot Rod
Price
$98,500*
Cost to Insure Get your car insurance estimate now
Kilometres 73
Colour Green
InteriorColour Cream
Registration Plate 52LOW
Registration Expiry 3 Months - June 2015
Compliance Date Check with seller
Build Date Check with seller
Roadworthy/Safety Certificate Yes
Carsales Network ID SSE-AD-3230615
Seller's Comment

1952 Chevrolet Pickup – Roof Chopped, Built 502ci, Air Ride, 20’s

Up for sale we have a stunning one of a kind 1952 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup. This is an Australian built pickup with a build cost over $150,000 that took over two years to complete. With absolutely no expense spared this beautiful pickup showcases top end custom fabrication and only top of the range parts throughout.

The custom fabrication begins with a fully customized chassis featuring a Camaro front clip with Ride Tech tubular front control arms, and coilovers, rebuilt power steering box, with all new bushes and ball joints throughout. The rear of the pickup has a new Currie 9” 3.71:1 ratio diff mounted with a Ride Tech 4 link. The pickup was built and setup with a full Air Ride system with twin air compressors and a large air supply tank. Currently only the rear air bags are installed and allow the rear of the truck to be dumped out to sit on the ground. The entire chassis has been boxed, smoothed, body worked and painted and reinforced with chrome molly tubular bracing and driveshaft hoops. A custom built stainless tank conceals an aftermarket fuel cell and dry cell battery under the rear tray of the pickup, with easy to access battery charging points as well as a kill switch. Braided fuel line runs the full length of the pickup from the tank to the engine bay. The pickup has brand new 12” drilled and slotted Willwood disc brakes all round with fully polished Willwood calipers, polished CPP master cylinder with braided and stainless brake lines throughout. The pickup sits on a nice set of Giovanni 20”x8.5” Chrome wheels with new 235/30/20 and 245/35/20 tyres.

The engine, started with a Brand New ZZ502ci deluxe crate motor. It was stripped down and fully checked over before upgrading cam, lifters, intake, ARP bolts, port matching of heads, etc...built by Motor Machine in the USA, produces 572 hp. The transmission, TH400 built to handle 700hp with a 3000-stall converter. The engine also uses a full billet March Ultra Drive pulley system, a custom fabricated aluminum radiator with thermo fans and custom polished water lines. The pickup also has a one of a kind hand built, polished air cleaner with twin pod filters. A fully custom fabricated and ceramic coated set of 2.25” headers have been made specifically for the pickup which run into a custom 3” polished stainless twin exhaust system with electronically controlled polished stainless Varex mufflers into twin quad exhaust tips frenched into the side roll panels of the tray.

The body of the pickup is were a lot of time has been spent in terms of custom fabrication. Some of the major changes made to pickup include the 3” roof chop, the removal and shaving of all rain gutters, door handles, badges, standard fuel cap, factory moldings and side vents, side mirrors, indicators, front and rear bumpers, tail gate and tail gate mounts, chains etc. These modifications continue with the subtle extension and smoothing of the front valance as well as the addition of the rear roll pan with the flush mounted number plate and frenched in LED tail lights. The body of the pickup is finished in a beautiful House of Colour candy green while the interior has been trimmed in cream Italian leather.

With way to many features to list and only 73 real miles on the clock since completion the value for money represented in this pickup is easy to see, with absolutely no expense spared and a build cost of more than $150,000 and more than 2 years build time, this is a great opportunity for someone to take advantage of this deal and get themselves a one of a kind cruiser well below cost price.

The pickup is located on the Gold Coast QLD, shipping nationwide available at buyers expense. Please fell free to contact Jeremy or email for any questions. Many additional detailed pictures can be supplied upon request


What is to be done? What can we do? Who can put the brakes on, so we can collectively concentrate, so we can prioritise, so we can calm down?

There are times when we have the audacity to feel there is nothing to write about.

Then there are times we wish everything would just fade away into silence, darkness, and a blissful nothing of restful goodnight.

Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


© Copyright 2015 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/845257-There-is-nothing-so-calming-as-a-tyre-screeching-handbrakey